Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I feel like they train for their specific roles these days. So I'd assume she trains to be a lino rather than a ref

She does actually Ref games, she does games in the WSL, don’t know if she still does but she has reffed the men’s under 23’s as I’ve seen her do a game down the King Power 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Cannot believe how bad this is. What has happened to Sheff U?

They were "average" anyway with a bit of promotion momentum behind them. I said all along, I always viewed them the same as Ipswich/Reading etc who come up, do well, then go back down. It was laughable people were comparing Wilder to Dyche when Dyche has comfortably had Burnley stay up for 4/5 seasons in a row including a spell in Europe. I always said Sheffield United would go down this season and still believe it.

Their squad is so bad. Their strikers only scored about 10 goals between each other last season and Wilder has bought Brewster from Liverpool but aside from that still has McBurnie/Sharp/McGoldrick. Not exactly great options are they.

Anyone else confused when the bbc reports that say arsenal have beaten man city only to discover it refers to a womens match.

Cant they say "arsenal women beat man city women"?

Same with with  referring to  womens Fa cup as "Fa cup"

I am not implying that the womens matches are not real football... but i would like to avoid confusion 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

She is also genuinely best in the business. Will be interesting to see if she harbours ambitions to be a referee. I'd imagine she'd be better than many of the current lot, Moss, Pawson et al.

I've seen her refereeing a couple of times in the women's game (a few seasons ago though) - and she really wasn't good!

I agree about her being the best lino, though I wonder if that perception might partly be because she stands out as the only woman.  The male assistants kind of blend into one so I don't really build up an opinion about them as individuals.  Maybe some are just as good but I don't notice.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Didn't even know Lookman was at Fulham.

I remember he was seen as one for the future - just needs to kick start his career.

Surprised Sheffield United didn't start their new striker and record signing in a game they had to win really.

Instead got a point via a dubious penalty and Mitrovic having a mare in front of goal.

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Anyone else confused when the bbc reports that say arsenal have beaten man city only to discover it refers to a womens match.

I am not implying that the womens matches are not real football... but i would like to avoid confusion 

Maybe we should say Man City men beat arsenals men as well if you want to avoid confusion. I suspect you won't agree with that though.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If BBC reports say Arsenal have beaten Man City, I think we can safely assume it was the women  :ph34r:

AFCvMCFC.JPG.7b261909df6424a23227f5807ac2d595.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

To me it comes across as an attempted display of power, she starts to walk away and he tries to move her back towards him by her neck. Completely inappropriate. IMO Worst because Massey-Ellis is much smaller than him (not because she’s a woman) The Aguero and Lee Mason situation is completely different. 

Nah, you're looking for an issue where there isn't one. He had a bit of a go at her then calmed down and put his hand on her shoulder as if to say "Sorry been a bit of a dick there" and you can see she puts her hand across to him as if to say, "No worries mate, no hard feelings"

I've just watched it and his body language is that he's trying to apologise or calm the situation.

At the end of the day, having female linos will cause some players to struggle but, it's the same as bouncers, coppers, etc. Outbursts happen but so long as people apologise and know where the line is, it's all working towards progress. 

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've just watched it and his body language is that he's trying to apologise or calm the situation.

At the end of the day, having female linos will cause some players to struggle but, it's the same as bouncers, coppers, etc. Outbursts happen but so long as people apologise and know where the line is, it's all working towards progress. 

Exactly, clearly no aggression involved.

FB_IMG_1603029331791.thumb.jpg.b163854ea750a158afebaf13404f77cb.jpg