Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Thats not a clear and obvious error - they’re re refereeing the game - it’s wrong !!

The idea of clear and obvious is so subjective it allows them to ignore some and not others. If they don't want to give a penalty they ignore it, if they do they'll just say it was clear and obvious.

• Like 1

Love it

unpopular opinion (probably) but that’s a foul. It’s in the box. So its a pen. I do take that it’s not a “clear and obvious error” the way most would think in the flow of play, but once you actually start looking at it - it’s a foul. Just have to hope it’s consistently applied. 

To add - another chance to point out how ridiculous it is that VAR doesnt play full speed replays when reviewing for possible fouls. 

Edited by Bats8711

22 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Love it

unpopular opinion (probably) but that’s a foul. It’s in the box. So its a pen. I do take that it’s not a “clear and obvious error” the way most would think in the flow of play, but once you actually start looking at it - it’s a foul. Just have to hope it’s consistently applied. 

To add - another chance to point out how ridiculous it is that VAR doesnt play full speed replays when reviewing for possible fouls. 

It doesn’t matter that it’s a foul in your opinion (or even the ref if he looked at it again) 

the ref didn’t give it 

so unless he has made a huge mistake not to give it then the on field decision stays as it is 

100/100 people have to think that it’s a pen for it to be a clear and obvious error 

It wasn’t one of those 

VAR is not supposed to ‘re referee ‘ the game 

it’s there to correct clear errors re pens/goals and to judge if a goal is valid or if a sending off should/shouldn’t happen 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone seen anybody having a go at auguero for touching the lino? Seen piers Morgan saying it should be a red hahahahaha

Not sure it’s a red, but some action should be taken. Players simply can not touch the match officials. 

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone seen anybody having a go at auguero for touching the lino? Seen piers Morgan saying it should be a red hahahahaha

I’m not one to agree with Piers too often but don’t think he’s wrong. I guess it’s a culture thing. In any American sport that’s an ejection. The swarming of the ref after every call has always been one of the more jarring things about soccer to me. Should be a yellow. The time wasting may be the most annoying part of it. 

Would he have put his arm around the linesman in that situation if it were a man?  I don’t think so. It’s kinda creepy. 

Edited by Bats8711