Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Perfect example there of bad refereeing in PL.....Minimal contact on Mahrez who goes down screaming...AnthonybTaylor buys it and gives free kick....The ref we had on Thursday would have told Mahrez to man up and wave play on 

Also just seen Rice break away and he got pulled back but no card???

Man City get away with so many tactical fouls like this and then they have the audacity to moan about everyone else.

• Like 4

To be honest, of all the weird shit happening in the world in 2020, Antonio, Calvert Lewin and ****ing Bamford being productive premier league goal scorers is by far and away the strangest. 

It's no wonder Rodgers has recalled Slimani, he obviously recognises we're living in opposite world. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Also just seen Rice break away and he got pulled back but no card???

Man City get away with so many tactical fouls like this and then they have the audacity to moan about everyone else.

Didn't they change the rule on that, so the card is negated by the advantage?

Peter Walton on BT saying it was a different phase of play, what the ****? lol 

for the record, the right decision was made, it wasn’t a clear handball so I’m glad the goal was given. But PL refs are so quick to double down on defending their colleagues by spouting absolute nonsense? They just adapt the rules to their liking to cover their own backs.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 2

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

for the record, the right decision was made, it wasn’t a clear handball so I’m glad the goal was given. But refs are so quick to double down on defending their colleagues by spouting absolute nonsense? They just adapt the rules to their liking to cover their own backs.

A different phase of play when three touches of the ball later it is in the back of the net? :dunno: 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This league is so wide open this year isn't it - Liverpool are going to struggle so much without VVD

I keep hearing this all the from pundits and fans alike, but correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t Liverpool beaten 7-2 with Saint VVD in the back line?

I just think there are teams who can now effectively counter the ‘big boys’’ tactics Us, Villa, West Ham, Everton even Southampton by being solid(ish) at the back and having some decent creativity in the middle and pace at the top.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

for the record, the right decision was made, it wasn’t a clear handball so I’m glad the goal was given. But PL refs are so quick to double down on defending their colleagues by spouting absolute nonsense? They just adapt the rules to their liking to cover their own backs.

Just switched on so not seen any footage of any decisions but moments later he said VAR don't want to be analysing things in microscopic detail. Nearly spat my tea out. Has he not seen any of the 300 games that totally contradict that statement over the last 18 months?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Just switched on so not seen any footage of any decisions but moments later he said VAR don't want to be analysing things in microscopic detail. Nearly spat my tea out. Has he not seen any of the 300 games that totally contradict that statement over the last 18 months?!

Maybe their Heisenberg compensator has broken in their offside sensor? :P

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Antonio, Calvert Lewin and ****ing Bamford being productive premier league goal scorers is by far and away the strangest. 

I think before, the best players were the ones who could handle playing in front of an audience, now no one is having that problem

18 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

A different phase of play when three touches of the ball later it is in the back of the net? :dunno: 

The contact with the hand/arm now needs to lead DIRECTLY/IMMEDIATELY  to a goal scoring opportunity...... it clearly didn’t