Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s not the case though is it. They want him gone for footballing reasons, I’d assume they’re hoping he’s more likely to take a bigger cut and cancel his contract. 

Or actively seek a move for January at the very least. Hope he stays there and bleeds them dry 

They had the chance to get rid of him in the transfer window, now they're going to pay him £18m to stay for the next year. I agree though, I really hope he just stays for the rest of his contract and bleeds the cvnts dry.

The most annoying thing about this for me though is the fact that Arsenal can afford to have an £18m a year disaster of a player on their books. They're building a team without their highest paid player and aren't going to suffer because of it. Just proves the financial unfair play to me - an Ozil situation would cripple us.

• Like 1

Arsenal only have themselves to blame for Ozil; like we did with Slimani and Silva. 

When he signed for them, he was one of the greatest players in the world, an assist machine. Arsenal fans were giving it large about how great he was then and even when he signed a new contract. Just because they want him gone now, excluding him from all football is a poor way of doing business. 

Then again, are you surprised considering this was the club that made multiple people redundant, including the club mascot. 

The club is a shell of its former self. They were always a nice club to watch with Bergkamp, Henry etc ........

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Marcus Rashford is a credit to all footballers for his efforts in the FSM issue. Class :appl:

An outstanding role model. Some of the criticism he has received from right wing Tories is beyond belief. Here is a young man using his position to try and make things better for vulnerable young people, and he receives criticism from MPs who can dine in the subsidised canteen in the House of Commons even though they earn 82k per year

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Marcus Rashford is a credit to all footballers for his efforts in the FSM issue. Class :appl:

Absolutely. We are so quick to bash young footballers like Foden and Greenwood when they **** up. 

We should be just as quick to praise them when the go above and beyond their job and use their influence to make a differance. 

Amazing effort from Rashford. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The number of box office games this weekend is appauling 

Agreed, Was looking forward to watching Villa Leeds tonight but not paying 15 quid for it! 

Would love to see the numbers on how many people are actually paying for this. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Agreed, Was looking forward to watching Villa Leeds tonight but not paying 15 quid for it! 

5/10 are behind £14.95 pay walls, it's atrocious 

• Like 1

Is there a similar set up to donate the £14.95 to foodbanks instead of paying for this weekend's game?

I know some people will say donate anyway (and I do) but the amount raised by Newcastle fans would have given food for thought to the Premier League, the clubs and the broadcasters. It's for a good cause but also works as a protest.

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Really want to see the wba v Burnley figures. 😴

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely. We are so quick to bash young footballers like Foden and Greenwood when they **** up. 

We should be just as quick to praise them when the go above and beyond their job and use their influence to make a differance. 

Amazing effort from Rashford. 

Appears a genuine case with Greenwood that he needs to sort himself out. 

• Like 1