Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

54 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Appears a genuine case with Greenwood that he needs to sort himself out. 

It's hard to blame some of these young boys to be honest. Few have a great education, mass amounts of fame and money at a very young age......Can't say I wouldn't be a wee bellend too!

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's hard to blame some of these young boys to be honest. Few have a great education, mass amounts of fame and money at a very young age......Can't say I wouldn't be a wee bellend too!

If they've been at these clubs from a young age especially the richer ones there's absolutely no reason why the would or could not have a good education. Even if academically they are poor their social skills and responsibilities can be taught. Clubs have a Duty of Care for these young lads.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

If they've been at these clubs from a young age especially the richer ones there's absolutely no reason why the would or could not have a good education. Even if academically they are poor their social skills and responsibilities can be taught. Clubs have a Duty of Care for these young lads.

Poor choice of words on my part. I didn't necessarily mean a poor education. Rather, a limited level of education.... 

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Poor choice of words on my part. I didn't necessarily mean a poor education. Rather, a limited level of education.... 

Poor or limited I think my point stands, Clubs need to take more responsibility for their young players in instilling good behaviour, consideration for others and how to manage a large income without being a dickhead.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

Poor or limited I think my point stands, Clubs need to take more responsibility for their young players in instilling good behaviour, consideration for others and how to manage a large income without being a dickhead.

In theory, yes but using Greenwood as an example, he's coming out the Academy and into a locker room that has the likes of Pogba and Lingaard in it..... it's easier said than done as young boys are always going to look up to the cool older players and do as they do. 

5 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Just watched Arsenal's Europa League highlights. They looked ropy at the back and could of easily lost.

Put them under pressure and there could be three points for us. Wouldn't want Leno or Luiz anywhere near our team.

We have looked ropey in every game for the First 20 minutes...If seems we Need those First 20 mins to find put mojo & rythme..

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Apt photo on the BBC sport main page

4b772c05-db1d-48d4-a327-a84e084a48c8.jpg

Shame the Dirty Leeds player was subbed off after 20 mins  to prevent him finishing the job. 

5 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

In theory, yes but using Greenwood as an example, he's coming out the Academy and into a locker room that has the likes of Pogba and Lingaard in it..... it's easier said than done as young boys are always going to look up to the cool older players and do as they do. 

This is where clubs need to get their recruiting bang on, I know a few on here talk about the like of Morgan and Fuchs going on for ever, but these are the sort of blokes young lads need to see in the dressing room.

I could imagine Big Wes pulling a couple of the young lads aside and letting them know their responsibilities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Apt photo on the BBC sport main page

4b772c05-db1d-48d4-a327-a84e084a48c8.jpg

knowing Greeeeelish it's a perspective trick and he's fallen over about fifty meters away. What irritates me more than anything is how the commentators wax about how he's such a good player for doing it! Hes endlessly fishing for fouls. Unsportsman-like, in the box a diver, but no because they're hard for him at the moment he gets all this praise. 

Random rant but how on earth do Leeds and Bielsa get away with having that stool in the technical area? Aside from the obvious my question is of a stool in Leeds colours and with a Leeds badge in front of TV cameras at an away teams dugouts! For a long time I've wished that a club refuses him the damn thing and tell him to get to the fvcking dugout if he has a weak bladder and needs to shit himself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Random rant but how on earth do Leeds and Bielsa get away with having that stool in the technical area? Aside from the obvious my question is of a stool in Leeds colours and with a Leeds badge in front of TV cameras at an away teams dugouts! For a long time I've wished that a club refuses him the damn thing and tell him to get to the fvcking dugout if he has a weak bladder and needs to shit himself.

Just a bloody upturned bucket mate, why would anyone be arsed?

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just a bloody upturned bucket mate, why would anyone be arsed?

What about all the players running around with their club colours and badge in front of the camera’s at an away teams ground.Not just one.Eleven of them!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

knowing Greeeeelish it's a perspective trick and he's fallen over about fifty meters away. What irritates me more than anything is how the commentators wax about how he's such a good player for doing it! Hes endlessly fishing for fouls. Unsportsman-like, in the box a diver, but no because they're hard for him at the moment he gets all this praise. 

Been watching it and how villa are getting away with this sort of stuff is disgusting. That particular challenge, Grealish was half way down before running into the other players foot. Really hope they come unstuck.