Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

23 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Peter Walton on BT saying it was a different phase of play, what the ****? lol 

for the record, the right decision was made, it wasn’t a clear handball so I’m glad the goal was given. But PL refs are so quick to double down on defending their colleagues by spouting absolute nonsense? They just adapt the rules to their liking to cover their own backs.

A few weeks back, think it was Newcastle / Brighton – he agreed with the ref not sending someone off. It went to VAR, the decision was reversed and the bloke was shown a red – which he then also agreed with. His input is genuinely pointless.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Peter Walton on BT saying it was a different phase of play, what the ****? lol 

for the record, the right decision was made, it wasn’t a clear handball so I’m glad the goal was given. But PL refs are so quick to double down on defending their colleagues by spouting absolute nonsense? They just adapt the rules to their liking to cover their own backs.

It's the same as that idiot they get for ref watch on SS. He never goes against the refs decision even it means contradicting himself from one minute to the next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phube said:

I keep hearing this all the from pundits and fans alike, but correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t Liverpool beaten 7-2 with Saint VVD in the back line?

I just think there are teams who can now effectively counter the ‘big boys’’ tactics Us, Villa, West Ham, Everton even Southampton by being solid(ish) at the back and having some decent creativity in the middle and pace at the top.

He was really out of sorts that match, but lets be honest, he's a key player for Liverpool and they are going to really be vulnerable without him for that length of time. They have been really fortunate in terms of injuries, but their squad depth isn't all that really. 

Edited by rachhere

Sat down with a cuppa at half 3 on a Saturday afternoon to catch up with all the Prem' scores... One game!!! Other than the TV broadcasters screwing us is there a reason why all these games are scattered? If there was a COVID related reason I'd be cool with it. Have we even played a Saturday 3pm kick off yet? It would be nice at the moment with COVID if the PL could at least attempt some illusion of normality rather than blatantly profiteering from it all.  

Sorry for the rant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

A few weeks back, think it was Newcastle / Brighton – he agreed with the ref not sending someone off. It went to VAR, the decision was reversed and the bloke was shown a red – which he then also agreed with. His input is genuinely pointless.

Last week on the Werner handball, he made the point saying ‘I’m not sitting on the fence with this one’ 

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fulham really are shit aren't they?

Looking forward to them taking points off us...

Not looking forward to the rest of the season and living with FFC fan if they keep these results up. To be  fair they've not played badly today, just lack a bit of steel and a clinical edge.

4 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Mahrez looking pretty average.

Seen lots of Man City fans complaining that he didn't look bothered today (or, indeed, in lots of other games). It's funny that when he plays against us, no one could ever fault him for lacking effort or appearing unmotivated. 

Personally, I don't understand the indiscriminate hate that lots of our former players seem to get (Maguire, Chilwell etc.) but in the case of Mahrez it really isn't hard to see why people harbour resentment.

Tough one this ...   which one of these scunters do I want to lose the most ...  hmmmmm ...  Chilwell ...   Maguire (booooo) ...   Kante (still love him) ...   league position (not sure) ...   hmmm ..

Draw it is !!! ....   :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Seen lots of Man City fans complaining that he didn't look bothered today (or, indeed, in lots of other games). It's funny that when he plays against us, no one could ever fault him for lacking effort or appearing unmotivated. 

Personally, I don't understand the indiscriminate hate that lots of our former players seem to get (Maguire, Chilwell etc.) but in the case of Mahrez it really isn't hard to see why people harbour resentment.

Bang on. Mahrez is the only one who was disrespectful in his actions and his words, he tainted his reputation which is a huge shame as he’s the best we’ve ever had. 

Drinky, kante, chilly, maguire ... can’t fault them for taking the pay day and the opportunity for regular champions league football. Personally I wouldn’t boo any of them, but I don’t have warm feelings towards Riyad any more 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to see how Chilwell against AWB and Dan James

Don’t worry. Ole has inexplicably stuck Mata on that side and James against a quality right back and right centre back lol 

• Haha 1