Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I absolutely hate this. 

It shows how disgustingly out of touch they are. Almost all fans without fail hate diving and want to see it stamped out. 

Pundits, ex pros on the TV all defending it and calling it clever. The same hypocrites that complain if its a foreign player. 

Or Madison

Leeds playing some lovely football, no tippy tap left to right and back to the keeper shite, direct with fantastic pace , super passing,  great goals and their energy levels are insane, they have literally blown Villa away.

Edited by The Guvnor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Leeds playing some lovely football, no tippy tap left to right and back to the keeper shite, direct with fantastic pace , super passing,  great goals and their energy levels are insane, they have literally blown Villa away.

Yep.  I hope with Little Wes in the team this habit of the CB’s playing side ways passes is banished from our game.  Leeds are a very decent Team.  At least this result will shut up all those pundits that were knocking out hand shandy’s as Villa went 4 games unbeaten.

Edited by mozartfox

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Thought they were unreal tonight....phenomenal energy levels....94th minute they break up a Villa attack halfway in their half and within 20/30 seconds 7 of them had sprinted  forward and were in and around the Villa penalty area as their 27th attempt on the Villa goal flashed wide.....I don’t feel Villa were doggo  as many on here are saying .....Leeds were just on another level and as I said last week I’m envious of the fast exciting attacking way they play 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Thought they were unreal tonight....phenomenal energy levels....94th minute they break up a Villa attack halfway in their half and within 20/30 seconds 7 of them had sprinted  forward and were in and around the Villa penalty area as their 27th attempt on the Villa goal flashed wide.....I don’t feel Villa were doggo  as many on here are saying .....Leeds were just on another level and as I said last week I’m envious of the fast exciting attacking way they play 

I too am jealous of the way they tore into Man City and battered them 5-2 away!! Great display! 

Leeds just tore a new a-hole into Villa today! I hope Brendan is watching and already planning for the Leads game.

We're gonna have a torrid time if we don't set up right. Can't go toe to toe. Have to be smart ala Wolves style.

Otherwise it will be young foffana vs a 7 man Leeds counter attacking wave. :blink: 

15 minutes ago, Phube said:

I too am jealous of the way they tore into Man City and battered them 5-2 away!! Great display! 

Not a fan of Leeds but do like the way they have played in parts so far this season. As for comparing our performances against Man City Think stats showed we had 7 attempts on goal to their 16 and about 30% possession...It was a fantastic clinical display by us but we didn’t tear into them. Leeds will get caught out plenty of times like us this season but personally would rather we get caught out playing fast forward thinking football rather than the slow ponderous stuff we unfortunately churn out too often these days . Btw just checked and Leeds had 12 shots and 52% possession in their draw with Man City 

• Like 2

Leeds could have a field day with us in our present form. Our midfield isnt energetic or mobile enough to cope with the numbers they get forward. 

We'd have to have a very very precise day in possession.

Edited by martyn

Grealish is a very good player but it was a very selfish display tonight in the final third that hurt his team

He did this last week as well when he had barkley free, and saka struggled to get a pass to

He needs to keep his game simple like he did against liverpool pass it move it, turn it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Yep.  I hope with Little Wes in the team this habit of the CB’s playing side ways passes is banished from our game.  Leeds are a very decent Team.  At least this result will shut up all those pundits that were knocking out hand shandy’s as Villa went 4 games unbeaten.

Didn't Villa have a good start to the 2015-2016 season?  That ended well...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Nope. 

Won their first game. Lost 9 of their next 10. Bottom of the league after that 9th loss. Stayed there. Didn't move up at all and finished last lol

Won as many as we lost in that season. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

It depends what you call a good start. They won their first game ....

.... but then didn't win another one until about game 20 or 21. They've already won more games than they did that season. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nope. 

Won their first game. Lost 9 of their next 10. Bottom of the league after that 9th loss. Stayed there. Didn't move up at all and finished last lol

Won as many as we lost in that season. 

Best me to it 😀

A draw would've been a preferable result tonight, choosing either is like being asked if you'd prefer to be poked in the left eye or the right. 

Details of PPV per club after the latest selection. At least if they're doing it they could make it more equal across the teams. Attempt to rip all fans off equally!

Screenshot_20201024-002044_Twitter.jpg