Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

You love to see it 

To paraphrase Homer Simpson from the sugar episode;

"Sure, we might offend a few of the bluenoses with our cocky stride and musky odours - oh, we'll never be the darlings of the so-called "Big Six", who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Leicester City?"."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, urban fox said:

So now Klopp complaining about fatigue and fixture congestion etc. Doesn’t seem to be doing us any harm.

Probably what will stop Brendan ever getting one of the biggest jobs again, doesn’t whinge enough or play the victim. We’ve been missing what you’d have said at the start of the season are our 5 top defensive players for the last three games, we’ve dealt with losing our left back before the season, had Maddison and Vardy with injuries, have had to use 8 different players at CB, have a 36 year old as our sole, natural defensive cover, have the same European schedule and already don’t have the resources of the managers that are moaning. Yet every single pre and post match press conference Brendan just takes it as it is and accepts we’ve just got to get on with it.

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’d be really interesting to see the date if you didn’t include August where anyone can be top with a lucky draw!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Has Martin Tyler always been this annoying? I don’t remember him being this bad back in the day.

He's worsened over the years. Andy Gray used to take over the commentary a lot of the time, especially with his imaginary conversations- "You deal with it, no you deal with it, he says thank you very much, I'll have the goal lads"- and just bellowing at the top of his voice.

Maybe he's just on more at the moment? For a long time he used to commentate on one live match a week, now it seems like a lot more.

30 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

So pathetic seeing managers at the richest clubs whine about fixture congestion when by all rights they should be the ones most capable of dealing with it.  We've played as many games as anyone else while missing half our best players and sit top of both our leagues, if we can cope so can they.

Especially when the same clubs are banging on about B teams and european super leagues but seemingly can't handle a couple of games a week....

5 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Why eff off villa?  If we want anyone to win this its them.  They will fall away at some point and Arsenal will be there or there abouts around the top 4 come May.  

Eff off Villa cause I have $120 riding on Arsenal winning.

13 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Why eff off villa?  If we want anyone to win this its them.  They will fall away at some point and Arsenal will be there or there abouts around the top 4 come May.  

I don't think Arsenal will be up there and I can't stand Villa

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The big 6 won't stop until they get what they want, they'll keep banging the 5 subs drum every week or two until the PL listen. They can all **** off.

To be fair, by the time we have our injury list back the 5 subs will suit us as well... 

2 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

To be fair, by the time we have our injury list back the 5 subs will suit us as well... 

It may well do, but it's unfair on the other teams. Plus, I doubt at any point in this season we'll have all our players back and fit, we've just got Maddison and Evans back, but Evans perhaps injured himself again today, and Castagne is out too. By the time Castagne and Ricardo are back we'll have an extra injury or two.

The only reason the top 6 want extra subs is because in January they'll have the resources to raid other clubs and add to their squads, unlike teams like Burnley and Palace etc.