Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Apparently Liverpool and Manure have just re-drafted ‘Project Big Picture’ to give it some credibility.  Arsenal have been relegated to the ‘make weights’ group and ‘Big 6’ is now reduced to the ‘Big 5’. 

• Haha 2

Just now, walkerleeds said:

Let's be honest, half of these kinds of results don't happen if there's a crowd in. They're just not a true reflection of how these sides would actually perform in usual circumstances. 

You might be proven correct, but there's actually no way of being sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Imagine live streaming yourself breaking lockdown rules.

To be expected of grown men decking themselves out in Arsenal gear though. They all need to grow up. Specifically that lad at the front right, King of the tossers he is.

DT?

Bellend of a man, always giving it the big I am too. Started on some Arsenal lad a couple of years ago and got a beating, then went to the police about itlol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You might be proven correct, but there's actually no way of being sure.

This Villa team are not comfortably beating Liverpool and Arsenal with fans there. Remember the last game they played with fans they were hammered 4-0 by us (when we were in shocking form). 

Not singling Villa out necessarily, we're not holding out at 2-1 with a sold out Elland Road last week either in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The people laughing at Arteta should probably keep in mind that he's in his first full season in management. For contrast, Rodgers has been in management for 12 years and equally lost loads of his first games. 

At Reading in his second job he lasted six months before getting sacked. 

Managers go through hardship, it's a lot to learn and Arteta is in at the deep end at one of the most expectant clubs in world football. 

It's not his fault there's lots of media hype about him. It's not like he's arrogant or up himself, he's never told anyone he's a special one or inflated his own ego. He was a grafter as a player and by all accounts works hard as a coach. 

True.

But you just compared him to Rodgers, who started at Reading.

Not Arsenal.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The people laughing at Arteta should probably keep in mind that he's in his first full season in management. For contrast, Rodgers has been in management for 12 years and equally lost loads of his first games. 

At Reading in his second job he lasted six months before getting sacked. 

Managers go through hardship, it's a lot to learn and Arteta is in at the deep end at one of the most expectant clubs in world football. 

It's not his fault there's lots of media hype about him. It's not like he's arrogant or up himself, he's never told anyone he's a special one or inflated his own ego. He was a grafter as a player and by all accounts works hard as a coach. 

Although I think his post match reaction could have been better after our game and their victory at Old Trafford, there's a lot of truth in that post👍

7 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

This Villa team are not comfortably beating Liverpool and Arsenal with fans there. Remember the last game they played with fans they were hammered 4-0 by us (when we were in shocking form). 

Not singling Villa out necessarily, we're not holding out at 2-1 with a sold out Elland Road last week either in my opinion. 

or maybe it's the referee's not feeling the pressure in games with the crowds and not giving into the home fans. To be honest at Arsenal you wouldn't be able to tell if the fans are there or not.

52 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Can some one please explain how this ‘Big 6’ malarkey works?   Is it based upon ancient history?  Really struggling how the media comes up with this bolloc*s.   

Its based on income, sponsorships, revenue, wages paid etc. Arsenal, for example, finished 8th last season but their income and sponsorship deals completely dwarfs ours. There's no comparison.

10 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who did he take it off? There wasn’t actually anyone who wanted to step up and take it if I remember correctly. Harry Kane might have wanted it but other than that no one else was forthcoming. 

The following season Nugent started being the regular taker.

he didnt take it off any1. king or drinkwater gave him the ball to take it lol. it was one of those 2

32 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Soo been watching sky sports news for around 25 mins. Headlines ... Harry Kane reaches 250, 1-1 draw between the ‘top 2’ and an interview with both aunts Jose and cousin Arteta. Do the leaders of the PL not exist!? Lol. They even mentioned how Spurs went top haha. 

I know this doesn’t trigger others and I know what your responses will be. But Jesus wept sky really do dislike us it’s just petty. I just find it really bizarre that the league leaders who did play today get no mention lol 

edit - now we go the dean smith who’s side are just three points off leaders Leicester. Woooooo

Spurs and Arsenal have more supporters than us. Sky are playing to their audience so their audience stays and watches adverts.

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Spurs and Arsenal have more supporters than us. Sky are playing to their audience so their audience stays and watches adverts.

Sky are dicks. 

They have always been baised to the big clubs, but this season if just seems so much more obviously than usual. 

Maybe because more fans are watching sky as they are not at the game. 

The bullshit around Villa and Leeds is sickening. 

On another note, how is Madison not in the England squad? 

Sancho grealish Madison sterling

Kane

What a front five that would be. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Its based on income, sponsorships, revenue, wages paid etc. Arsenal, for example, finished 8th last season but their income and sponsorship deals completely dwarfs ours. There's no comparison.

I get it. If some billionaire Sheik buys say Burnley, then because of revenue streams etc.  they will be one of the new  Big 7.