Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I don’t understand the argument against these penalties. Ours and the one then are both pens - it hits the hand. If the linesman was up with that he’d have given it. Hand stops the cross.

• Like 1

The handball penalty decisions are harsh calls, but at least they were consistent today. The Man City home game last season springs to mind with the De Bruyne/Praet handballs. We got a decision go our way today. No doubt this season, somebody will get one against us.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 3

Just now, Fox92 said:

I don’t understand the argument against these penalties. Ours and the one then are both pens - it hits the hand. If the linesman was up with that he’d have given it. Hand stops the cross.

It should be deliberate like it used to be. There is a penalty every game. Ruining the game. Ours this afternoon was worst than that one. Never ever a penalty. What was the defender meant to do. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We wanted consistency, we now have it. 

The only consistency I ever wanted was from the referee within a single match.  Couldn't care less if the referee in a different game interprets things differently, as long as both teams in the same match are treated the same.

Imo it should be a pen , even if it's accidental, it the defending side benefit from it. If that ball doesn't hit the wolve's players hand it flashes across the 6 yard box and we might score. A simple yes or no takes away subjective opinion and is fair for all.