Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, adam said:

It should be deliberate like it used to be. There is a penalty every game. Ruining the game. Ours this afternoon was worst than that one. Never ever a penalty. What was the defender meant to do. 

Dunno man. Like ours today, the player slowed down (he’s not fully running like Carragher said) so I think his arm doesn’t need to be there. The Man City one just now, surely Gomez can just stand up to that - let the ball hit him, instead he’s turning his back (which a defender shouldn’t do) so wit that his arm is out.

I agree it’s stupid now but in both cases their arms prevent the crosses.

4 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

The only consistency I ever wanted was from the referee within a single match.  Couldn't care less if the referee in a different game interprets things differently, as long as both teams in the same match are treated the same.

What are you saying? No, you need consistency throughout the league, in every single game. 

6 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

The only consistency I ever wanted was from the referee within a single match.  Couldn't care less if the referee in a different game interprets things differently, as long as both teams in the same match are treated the same.

Disagree! What if one of these penalties go against you one match and the same situation in another match but for you and the ref doesn't give it. This is why consistency needs to be every game

The more I see this one the more I think it's a definite pen, it's just cool to complain about hand balls at the minute. Gary Neville thought the Chelsea one in midweek was but this one isn't? 

I don't think you should get a free shot at goal for incidents like that though, I think a indirect free kick is a fairer punishment. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Disagree! What if one of these penalties go against you one match and the same situation in another match but for you and the ref doesn't give it. This is why consistency needs to be every game

Exactly this, with what we have now it might be harsh but you can be certain it is more consistent. Last season we lost out on so many penalties because of how the ref viewed it... no consistency at all. It is why this has been brought in 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Roy Keane on Kyle Walker - he’s a car crash, he’s an idiot. 😂😂

And then rolling his eyes and cursing under his breath when Mica Richards said that was perhaps overdoing it lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, adam said:

It should be deliberate like it used to be. There is a penalty every game. Ruining the game. Ours this afternoon was worst than that one. Never ever a penalty. What was the defender meant to do. 

This is where it became hard to see what was deliberate and what was by accident. Its a fine line. This way if it hits the arm its a peno simple. As they said its upto the defender to get his arms out of the way. If you know that if it hits your arms a peno will be given then you know where you stand. No ambiguity 

It's a good thing that the refs were consistent, and so long as that continues you can't really complain too much but it's a bloody joke really.

Ours was hammered at the lads arm from 2 yards away and on the reverse angle, it looks pretty clear to me Gomez's arms were just moving naturally as they do when you run.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I take your point, but personally I'd prefer that to a ridiculously harsh rule that it not actually applied uniformly (though it has been today).