Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

5 subs being discussed again on MOTD, only a matter of time before it's implemented isn't it?

They were just saying when it's two teams in Europe playing each other then they should be allowed to make 5 subs each.

I think 5 subs would benefit us in more games than not to be honest. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

5 subs being discussed again on MOTD, only a matter of time before it's implemented isn't it?

They were just saying when it's two teams in Europe playing each other then they should be allowed to make 5 subs each.

I kind get what they were saying and not that I agree with all that was said. But we contradict most of what was said. We probably have the most injuries of any of these teams and yet we top both the Premier league and our Europa group. Yet because results aren't going their way they don't like it they can't have it all their own way they moan like spoilt little children.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It could, especially when you look at how we've managed this year by bringing player in who are just as good as the first teamers. Castagne and Mendy for example.

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It would when all our injuries are back.

But I don't agree with it, they're only saying this because the big 6/7 are struggling. They just don't want the rest of the EPL to have a good season and finish in the European spaces for once. If they aren't happy with the game load, throw the League Cup and the FA Cup, use more of the academy graduates, ask the FA and the national teams to end the silly friendlies or they could have increased the 25 man squad to 26 or 27, but this should have been done at the start of the season, not a quarter of the way into it.

• Like 2

To be honest, whilst I'm obviously extremely happy and excited we're doing as well as we are, it does worry me a little that 6 of Vardy's 8 goals so far have been penalties... Makes me worry about how sustainable our form is. I'm very pleased with the team, but I think we are probably overperforming right now, so I hope we won't get too upset as fans if results drop off a bit.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, whilst I'm obviously extremely happy and excited we're doing as well as we are, it does worry me a little that 6 of Vardy's 8 goals so far have been penalties... Makes me worry about how sustainable our form is. I'm very pleased with the team, but I think we are probably overperforming right now, so I hope we won't get too upset as fans if results drop off a bit.

Well the stats people were saying we were over performing at the start of last season too, especially in shot conversion rate. We did revert to the mean at the tail end causing us to miss out on the CL.

Hopefully won’t happen this season, but I’m all along for the ride!

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Bit off topic, but does anyone remember when most of Nuge's goals "didn't count" cos they were penalties? It's funny we don't seem to have people piping up with that argument about Vardy. 

Edited by nwl fox

29 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I will Play around with the idea & dream, we'll stay around the Top 3 &  get over the line with 4 games to spare,taking the treble in our stride..it enables me

go get to Sleep, Dreaming up all the permatations...Week in week out...

Strange when we won the title, I fancied us in October....

This season,I have no Feelings or thought,I am just going to Enjoy watching how it pans out....

Covid issue, fixture congestion, Plus the sheer stupidity of allowing the Internationals to go ahead...We/they say Club Football helps the General well being

in These difficult times,then why ruin the Security percentages by having these international-bubbles criss-crossing into the national-league-bubbles.I

Don t want to get too excited about this season,then See it turn into a Farce with posponements into Next August or Even cancelled..

Hoping also we Don t again suffer,from injuries caused while on International duty

What I am Finding exciting...

I do believe we have Cracked it...B.Rodgers has found a System with plans A +B with varieties,with the present squad understanding & taking on what system

Rodgers is trying to implement/create. We are at ease & comfortable in what we are trying to do, our actual movement & Play with or without ball seems to be full

of confidence. Our fringe players have thrown the Cat among the pidgeons...They are forcing the question...  >What is/ will be our best team< when all

players return from Knocks & Major injuries.  In all ourGames so far,we have shown some Beautiful & Great movement, our defending is Not so hectic ,therefore

all round pressure is not forcing individuals to have those panic moments...

In contrast to other seasons,we seem to have learned from our losses & team mistakes.I

Aside from ourselves,if Ross Barklays career has been rekindled,& Soton Team can also stay injury free,I See both Villa & Soton, doing  very well this season...

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Pep and Klopp crying about subs.... how many of their allowed 6 subs did they use yesterday? 3.

How many times has pep used all his subs this season, 3 times in 8 league games.

****ing idiots.

its propaganda they are terrified of competition

the more I watch klopp and pep the more I see they only have one way of playing, they want to press all game with five subs this is obvious its a joke. **** them and **** their bully boy owners and media friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

5 of his 8 in the league are pens. 3 open play.

It is a bit concerning today 2nd half as he did look like he could barely move for the last 30 or so.

This formation doesn’t help him though, it’s extremely negative and he’s asked to lead the whole line.

I think it’s not a case of us ‘over performing’ as such but more that our style that’s working results wise, does require being very heavy in numbers at the back , which in turn makes it harder for both him and our Attacking  play in general.

Results are what matters though and it’s working so it’s fine, I’m sure if we start struggling BR will change and get numbers around him and be more of a threat. 

The reason I like our formation Is with those numbers at the back(effectively 6 at the back with Forfana he’s that good), it gives us a great platform at 0-0 so we can increase the chances of locking the door, not conceding early and more time to score first, which makes games easier to control.

I keep repeating myself, but in games we concede first, this formation would work very badly at 0-1 down. So far in this 6 game run, we havnt needed to test this but imo it would be awful in games we do.

Its great starting like it and as long as hopefully, proven so far by results, we win a high % when we do score first.

If also when we concede first, we change it very quickly and make it a game of ‘we attack you attack’ as that would be a higher % way of winning in games we go behind in.

Wolves are also very good defensively and make it very tough and build from the back in numbers so Vards up top alone effectively just kept running up or down whilst they start each attack, A graveyard shift that was taking it out of him.

As proven vs Leeds, and I can also imagine weaker teams who are not so rock solid as wolves, We’d boss the midfield more and counter stronger, which in turn would get Vardy in play more.
Mendy and Tielemens are also 2 who suffer in games like this and looked on their feet also, which made it impossible for us to win the ball up and that invites pressure - the opposite of a high press that Liverpool and City are obsessed with doing.

The biggest concern for me about our team is that we get overpowered by some teams later in games and our fitness of some players are an issue(Vards, Mendy, YT, Evans and the older squad players) Its often telling past the 60 mark in games
It was clear vs West Ham and Villa and even Burnley to an extent, Leeds also before we brought 2 fresh legs on we were pinned back hard etc. I noticed it happens quite a lot but we’ve been fantastic at defending which has stopped us from needing to attack as such.

It’s ok in games we lead as I said but this is why I think our weakness will be when we concede first, 0-1 or more down at HT I would struggle to see us turning it around because we barely get up the pitch and we’d have to open up and that isn’t possible with our midfield especially, who are better at sitting deep.

• Like 1