Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

On 26/11/2020 at 16:19, StanSP said:

Klopp and Solskjaer moaning seem to have worked. 

Liverpool play on 27th and then 30th. Man Utd play in 26th then 29th.

Extra days break than ourselves, Palace, villa, Chelsea, Everton and Man City all who play on 26th & 28th. 

Leeds, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Brighton, Burnley all play 27th and 29th.

Newcastle and Fulham play 26th and 30th. 

Chelsea, Everton, Palace, Man City all only have 48hrs break between kick off. 

We have 50hrs 30mins between kick off. 

Sure we had less than 48 hours between Xmas games last season. The Liverpool game kicked off at 8pm on Boxing Day, followed by West Ham away at 5.30 on Saturday.

30 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's kind of reassuring to know after all these years that Drury and Townsend can still talk nonsense with the best of them.

Townsend is an odd one for me - indifferent towards him as a pundit but he was on Quickly Kevin a few weeks back and was brilliant value, seemed a great bloke - and hearing him on co-comms now I'm an adult always gives me a weird sense of nostalgia.

Infinitely better than the likes of Martin "he's almost done that too well, it's unbelievable isn't it" Keown and the like.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
Typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Townsend is an odd one for me - indifferent towards him as a pundit but he was on Quickly Kevin a few weeks back and was brilliant value, seemed a great bloke - and hearing him on co-comms now I'm an adult always gives me a weird sense of nostalgia.

Infinitely better than the likes of Martin "he's almost done that too well, it's unbelievable isn't it" Keown and the like.

Townsend is one of those pundits we used to think were shit until they gave jobs to Macca, Owen, Keown and Joe ****ing Cole. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm getting nostalgic watching Jeffrey playing up front.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Townsend is one of those pundits we used to think were shit until they gave jobs to Macca, Owen, Keown and Joe ****ing Cole. 

I do an absolutely banging Michael "yerv godda have paysche in thesh modern prem" Owen impression, truly a party piece that has been denied to the world by covid 

• Haha 1

On 26/11/2020 at 15:25, Spudulike said:

Andre Villas Boas has asked FIFA to retire the No. 10 shirt from football (all clubs). 

What's your new number gonna be Madders? 

Can we suggest to FIFA that he is retired from all Football? 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Drury still gets massively over-excited at even the slightest half-chance.

It’s amazing that if you are watching an absolute dog turd EPL game on an illegal stream, it is perfect with no buffering or delay.  I have to say the EPL Piracy police do a magnificent job👌In censorship. 

There's probably 5 or 6 teams that you watch once every few weeks and think how the f uck aren't they in danger of going down. Both Palace and Newcastle are rubbish yet they'll stay up easily

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There's probably 5 or 6 teams that you watch once every few weeks and think how the f uck aren't they in danger of going down. Both Palace and Newcastle are rubbish yet they'll stay up easily

Newcastle, for me - were by far the worst side we encountered in the league last season. They scraped some unexpected late points last time out but that they were so clear of trouble is insane. They're absolute dross.

They aren't even interestingly shit now, just a bit bloody boring.