Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, rachhere said:

It was like there was this invisible line on the pitch and every time he bombed forward he would get to it, stop sharply and then pass back. So frustrating. I do think that was partly down to him and Harvey just not working well together though, and as said, no doubt a dip in confidence as well. 

I suspect it was because we couldn’t have both full backs forward at the same time as wilf can only cover one side - brendan obvs felt Ricky was more productive and also we had Barnes holding the touch line on the left more than ayoze on the right. Hence chilly was required to stay back more and recycle the ball back to the centre backs or wilf  to try and make space for Ricky to run into 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I can’t see how that affects my point? 

Your point was that we can get top 4 and mine was that something significant (i.e. home form vs poorer sides) will need addressing if we're to be there by May. Just a run of the mill forum discussion bud. 😀

54 minutes ago, sdb said:

Your point was that we can get top 4 and mine was that something significant (i.e. home form vs poorer sides) will need addressing if we're to be there by May. Just a run of the mill forum discussion bud. 😀

My point was that no one looks great, and that the top for is up for grabs. I didn’t say we’d do it. Just that when we play well we’re as good as anyone. But maybe I didn’t make that clear so apologies. X 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I have a one year old who doesn’t sleep, I just opened a shop in the middle of a lockdown and we bought a house which has dry rot and has cost us over £20000 to fix so I’m ready to kill everyone haha. X

Apart from that, have you had a good year?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I have a one year old who doesn’t sleep, I just opened a shop in the middle of a lockdown and we bought a house which has dry rot and has cost us over £20000 to fix so I’m ready to kill everyone haha. X

Didn't your surveyor pick that up? As for child keep playing the Manchester derby, he'll soon go off!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Terrible defending by Sheffield United. They used to be good and well organised but they look like a lower league team. 

They are the side I expected them to be last season. But I didn't think they'd be that bad this season. Their squad is so shit though.

They will go in that "one season wonder" draw along with the likes of Ipswich and Reading. 

I am regretting not backing my instinct of their relegation when it was 4/1 prior to the season starting because it doesn't look like they'll be getting out of this.

Also when some people compared Wilder to the likes of Dyche after one season lol 

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

They are the side I expected them to be last season. But I didn't think they'd be that bad this season.

They will go in that "one season wonder" draw along with the likes of Ipswich and Reading.

Agree. They've spent quite a bit of money as well. McBurnie for nearly £20m and yet he is so limited. Like a poundland Slimani.

• Like 1

Good side nowadays the saints, like the story behind it as well. We all know we played a part in the start of it. Fantastic for sticking by Ralph and some pay back now. Just heard he has a say on all age groups training from under 9s. Building an identity, another club like us tackling the elite in other ways. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Agree. They've spent quite a bit of money as well. McBurnie for nearly £20m and yet he is so limited. Like a poundland Slimani.

Oh yeah, I said it last season. They'd spent £20m on that Norwegian midfielder too, Brewster from Liverpool was £20m and the goalkeeper was £18m I think? Terrible investment.

They went into this season with McBurnie, McGoldrick, Sharp and Brewster as attacking options. I know they didn't score much last season but they relied on keeping clean sheets so much which they don't seem to do now.

• Like 1

I hope Wilder can turn it around but it doesn't look likely, massively overachieved last season and now it's gone wrong. Yes they've spent money on average players but it's nearly impossible to buy from English clubs and not spend over the odds. Should probably have broadened his horizons more and looked overseas, they've proved they can do with Berge who looks a tidy player. 

The teams without a quality striker are standing out more now. The usual top six have them, then you've got Vardy, Ings, Calvert-Lewin, Jimenez, Wilson, Antonio. Ings has been a threat every time he's got the ball.

Sheffield United, like West Brom yesterday, just don't have that threat.

• Like 1