Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

25 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s a crazy idea. If they’re crap now, they’ll be even worse getting battered by the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Madrid, PSG every week. They’d soon lose interest. 

It'll soon get to the point where the glory supporters start to claim they are life long Bayern or Madrid fans even thought they've lived in Kent their whole life going on about how much they love Man Utd for 30 years.

2 hours ago, Livid said:

Sky try and push this two thousand fans, making a huge difference , fantastic atmosphere at every game with fans.

I’m sure it’s better than no one being there but there’s definitely a bit of self interest in there as well to upsell their product. 

Ancelotti reckoned, even with just 2000 fans it was a big help to them in getting over the line against Chelsea. He could have just been brown nosing his fans but if iit's true then it should be either for all or no fans.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s a crazy idea. If they’re crap now, they’ll be even worse getting battered by the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Madrid, PSG every week. They’d soon lose interest. 

Being part of a European Super League will allow them the chance to cherry-pick the best talent from the better run clubs left behind in the PL. That is one of the main reasons behind them wanting it so much.

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't know really, those three results came in the two weeks before we played them.

They scored 39 last season which means you rely on a good defence as well as being involved in tight games. They also picked up four points each from Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Wolves- that's a massive ask to do it again.

I don't think they are as bad as one point from 36 but they lack real threat going forward despite having five strikers in the squad.

It's happened to a few teams, I think some of these teams look at what we acheived and try and replicate it, Watford tried it, Bournemouth tried it, Burnley tried it, Wolves tried it and Sheff United to a lesser extent tried it.. a lot of these teams have now been relegated or are have gone back to there expected spots so to speak.. what we have done is a miracle really in this day and age.

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I thought Guaita was going to get a Palace a point today the way he was playing, then he throws that one in.

Another assist from Son to Kane!

A three yard pass under no pressure.

31 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I thought Guaita was going to get a Palace a point today the way he was playing, then he throws that one in.

It looks ten times worse from the camera view straight down the middle lol

No idea what he's thinking there. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Kane has kicked the ball away for almost every free kick Palace are given. I know its game management etc, but if I was a ref, I'd make it damn clear before the game that if I see it, its a yellow, and any free kick where yards are stolen, is also a yellow card. Step in on it early and stop it.

Kane is absolutely brilliant at this sort of rubbish and getting away with it. I seem to remember Watford midfielder Capoue having an absolute masterclass at this against us one season too.

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Spurs timewasting at every opportunity, with half an hour to go. They really are loathsome.

Loathsome team anyway, but that sort of 1-0 timewasting and game-'management' shows this Spurs team now has Mourinho's DNA coursing through it.

Hopefully Palace can turn this round.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Kane has kicked the ball away for almost every free kick Palace are given. I know its game management etc, but if I was a ref, I'd make it damn clear before the game that if I see it, its a yellow, and any free kick where yards are stolen, is also a yellow card. Step in on it early and stop it.

Kane is absolutely brilliant at this sort of rubbish and getting away with it. I seem to remember Watford midfielder Capoue having an absolute masterclass at this against us one season too.

He's the modern day Alan Shearer. FA wouldn't want to upset him incase he ****s England off and we're left with Tammy Abraham up top