Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Kingleicester said:

So that’s 3 out the so so so so super 6 that can’t muster a goal between them 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥲🥲🥲🤣🤣🤣🤣

and 3 of them aren't even in the top 6 positions.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we ever had an Xmas period where we've gone unbeaten in the PL? I know we did under Pearson in 2013/14. Anyway I fancy us big time this year. 

Win tomorrow, win vs Everton, draw vs Spurs, draw vs Man Utd, beat Palace, beat Newcastle

Your glass is half full, depends which team turns up for each of those games, we can win any of those and also lose any of those. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we ever had an Xmas period where we've gone unbeaten in the PL? I know we did under Pearson in 2013/14. Anyway I fancy us big time this year. 

Win tomorrow, win vs Everton, draw vs Spurs, draw vs Man Utd, beat Palace, beat Newcastle

Was just the one loss to Liverpool over Christmas 2015.

Felt that 11 points was the target we needed to hit from the Man Utd to Man City run. Somehow we got it. Unreal.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, car1os said:

What I find odd is where Chilwell says he loves to bound forward at every opportunity at Chelsea. My memory is that he was like this with us in the early part of last season, but more and more began stopping his run and turning inside and being forced back, which frustratingly slowed our momentum and stalled the attack. From his comments, you have to believe that frustrated him too.

Did that happen because of a change of instruction from Rodgers, some falling out/poor link-up with Barnes, loss of form or (my favourite guess) loss of confidence?  And did one thing then lead to another?

Whichever, I find it hard to believe that our basic style of play and quality attacking options went against Chilwell's favoured way of playing, so I still find it hard to believe he had a need to move on. Unless he was very irretrievably affected by the way that some fans baited him.

28 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

If we played like Chelsea tonight with our current squad some fans would be losing their shit . Now add to that how much money they have spent 😂😂

If we win tomorrow we go above them. Above "title challenging Chelsea".

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, deep blue said:

What I find odd is where Chilwell says he loves to bound forward at every opportunity at Chelsea. My memory is that he was like this with us in the early part of last season, but more and more began stopping his run and turning inside and being forced back, which frustratingly slowed our momentum and stalled the attack. From his comments, you have to believe that frustrated him too.

Did that happen because of a change of instruction from Rodgers, some falling out/poor link-up with Barnes, loss of form or (my favourite guess) loss of confidence?  And did one thing then lead to another?

Whichever, I find it hard to believe that our basic style of play and quality attacking options went against Chilwell's favoured way of playing, so I still find it hard to believe he had a need to move on. Unless he was very irretrievably affected by the way that some fans baited him.

I also reckon it was a loss of confidence. I think Chilwell regularly stopping his run just inside the opposition half restricted Maddison, who had to stay close and level with Chilwell to give him an option for a left-foot pass, an escape from the dead end he'd worked himself into.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I also reckon it was a loss of confidence. I think Chilwell regularly stopping his run just inside the opposition half restricted Maddison, who had to stay close and level with Chilwell to give him an option for a left-foot pass, an escape from the dead end he'd worked himself into.

I think that sometimes it worked the other way also. On numerous occasions Chilwell would actually overlap or otherwise get into a position to cross into the box and there was absolutely no-one there to cross or pass to and he'd subsequently have to turn back and play backwards. On other occasions, after such a manoeuvre, you could witness Rodgers saying something to him on the way back. Now that of course could be absolutely anything and is open to conjecture but on occasions it did seem to coincide with less adventurous forays down the wing. It was noticeable enough though for my son and I to sometimes comment that it probably wasn't on those occasions what Rodgers wanted tactically for whatever reason. I suppose that happens with other players also, we're not always privy to the fact why certain players continue to do certain things which in real terms is sometimes merely following orders.

• Like 2

Looking at the next 7 games to mid January I'd be reckoning on 7 points so any more and I'll be happy. Still 30 points by mid January should make 40 by end of season an achievable target. Looking like 32+ this year will be enough with how the bottom feeders are getting on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

It was like there was this invisible line on the pitch and every time he bombed forward he would get to it, stop sharply and then pass back. So frustrating. I do think that was partly down to him and Harvey just not working well together though, and as said, no doubt a dip in confidence as well.