Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I thought they got rid of the double jeopardy thing? Now we are back to giving red cards and penalties?

That’s only for when there’s a genuine attempt to play the ball. VAR probably would’ve seen that as a professional foul stopping a goal scoring opportunity. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s a pen. It’s the pen we always get so can’t argue it as a leicester fan. 

Sending off no idea... I thought the rule had changed to just be a yellow, but apparently it no effort made to play the ball it’s different 

Contact looked outside the box though. 

Not sure who does have an idea anymore 🤔 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Some of the opinions on here!! 

What do you mean how can they be second? They started really well. Had a small dip and have now won 3 in a row, including one against us... It’s pretty ****ing simple really

We really are getting too big for our boots aren’t we 🤦🏻‍♂️

It's not about being too big for our boots, it was nothing about us. Just think Everton are playing some pretty horrible percentage football. Fair play they're getting results but it's not what I want to watch as a neutral.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I think Fulham will start to pull away from Sheff Utd and Burnley. 
WBA will be interesting with Big Sam, but Brighton will be dragged into it as they don’t appear to be able to get a string of results together.

If we were in Arsenal’s position with the same squad and form, we’d all be crapping ourselves. Don’t think they’ll drop, but they massively need a result soon.

16 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Contact looked outside the box though. 

Not sure who does have an idea anymore 🤔 

I spent ages freeze framing the play to see - he let go of Wilson outside the box but that caused him to lose his balance. So Wilson cleverly slowed once in the box and shielded the ball - as soon as he felt contact from Andersen in his back he went down. My view on that was if he had pulled the player back inside the box then a pen and sending off would be correct. But as the contact inside the box was clumsy rather than pre meditated (and to an extent initiated by Wilson) , I feel a yellow should have sufficed together with the pen of course  

25 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's not about being too big for our boots, it was nothing about us. Just think Everton are playing some pretty horrible percentage football. Fair play they're getting results but it's not what I want to watch as a neutral.

Have you not seen some of the Puel ball we’ve played under Rodgers? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think Fulham will start to pull away from Sheff Utd and Burnley. 
WBA will be interesting with Big Sam, but Brighton will be dragged into it as they don’t appear to be able to get a string of results together.

If we were in Arsenal’s position with the same squad and form, we’d all be crapping ourselves. Don’t think they’ll drop, but they massively need a result soon.

Their next two games are Chelsea and Manchester City 😂😂...

Luvvilly jubbilly.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Quite enjoyed watching them today to be honest. They play out from the back. The only real difference is they have a target how they occasionally go long to. I don’t really see a problem with that they’re just utilising their strengths. 

The way I see it the running order on MOTD should be slightly biased towards the later games. With how easy it is to see highlights within hours or even stream matches, people have had most of the day to catch these goals in the Liverpool match. Newcastle game finished no more than an hour ago and you know its gonna be 3rd at best (out of 4??)

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

The way I see it the running order on MOTD should be slightly biased towards the later games. With how easy it is to see highlights within hours or even stream matches, people have had most of the day to catch these goals in the Liverpool match. Newcastle game finished no more than an hour ago and you know its gonna be 3rd at best (out of 4??)

Flip side. If I had to wait until 3rd to watch Liverpool win 7-0 after sitting through the entirety of Newcastle Fulham I’d probably smash the telly lol 

Also more chance people were out the house for the first two games. 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Flip side. If I had to wait until 3rd to watch Liverpool win 7-0 after sitting through the entirety of Newcastle Fulham I’d probably smash the telly lol 

Also more chance people were out the house for the first two games. 

Not saying 100% literally be in backwards order, just be more balanced. Liverpool would probably have been first with a comfortable 2-0

• Like 1

Look at the players L'pool ,Man.city, Chesea can rest, Then bring on...

When the time comes when we can afford or dare to leave Quality players like Tielemans & Ndidi, Vardy out, to rest/rotation thats when we know,

we can really compete consistently for those Top 3 places...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Their next two games are Chelsea and Manchester City 😂😂...

Luvvilly jubbilly.

Man City is in the cup, but if they lose to Chelsea and any two of Burley beat Wolves, WBA beat Villa and/ or Brighton beat Sheff Utd.

They go into Christmas in a relegation fight, how many of their players would you seriously want in a dog fight at the bottom?