Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ings hamstring..!!..

If hes out for a while,will be interesting if Soton can still be an effective pressing side..

Ings has had a Great 8-10months..

He's been out for a period earlier in the season already and I believe they coped okay. I didn't notice a downturn in form anyway

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He's been out for a period earlier in the season already and I believe they coped okay. I didn't notice a downturn in form anyway

He started the season & was Scoring goals, und created alot of Space/assists for teammates..

I thought he only missed a couple of games...could be wrong..??

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He started the season & was Scoring goals, und created alot of Space/assists for teammates..

I thought he only missed a couple of games...could be wrong..??

He only missed 3 games. They won 1, drew 1 and lost 1.

I think it will hurt them but not as much as a side like us or Everton. Che Adams is also having a great season. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Corky said:

You really can see why their fans are fed up. Bruce is getting away with so much.

Said it the other week - Sky or BT spend every Newcastle game pulling up performance metrics that always put Newcastle 19th or 20th in just about everything, yet then proceed to spend the post match talking about how Bruce gets unfair stick.

Newcastle fans get a shitty deal from the media in my eyes. Worse than us.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

The game is done. Pull the curtain down. 2 premier league refs looked at that and decided it was a penalty and a red card. 

Call it.

Just imagine a world where we had no VAR and fans back in grounds. Can't believe we're at a point where we'd be delighted just for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

VAR has only been created because the media jump onto the refs when they make a bad decision in order to make a story. 

VAR was supposed to highlight errors and fix them. Instead all it's highlighted is how staggeringly poor, inconsistent and even biased our officials are. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

VAR was supposed to highlight errors and fix them. Instead all it's highlighted is how staggeringly poor, inconsistent and even biased our officials are. 

it works in the favour of some teams but is being exploited against other teams, it's allowing refs even more corruption than before.. all we need is goal line and offside technology. 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

He only missed 3 games. They won 1, drew 1 and lost 1.

I think it will hurt them but not as much as a side like us or Everton. Che Adams is also having a great season. 

Let see if they miss Danny boy,...in Sunshine or shadow...

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

it works in the favour of some teams but is being exploited against other teams, it's allowing refs even more corruption than before.. all we need is goal line and offside technology. 

Keep it simple, if you can’t see it’s a mistake at first look then it’s not a clear and obvious error and stick with the on field decisions.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Said it the other week - Sky or BT spend every Newcastle game pulling up performance metrics that always put Newcastle 19th or 20th in just about everything, yet then proceed to spend the post match talking about how Bruce gets unfair stick.

Newcastle fans get a shitty deal from the media in my eyes. Worse than us.

Newcastle fans have had a lot of grief over the years about delusion and inflated expectation which might be fair or not. You can't blame them for feeling fed up watching a decent Premier League squad perform abjectly a lot of the time and somehow garner enough points to remain comfortable.

21 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Keep it simple, if you can’t see it’s a mistake at first look then it’s not a clear and obvious error and stick with the on field decisions.

That's how it should be but you know the media with all their camera angles will try to prove right is wrong and wrong is right and we'll be back where we started with managers and fans bemoaning their bad luck without any thought to the good luck they've had.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Anyone that thinks it's a pen or tries to justify it is part of the problem.

So that’s a pen and a red card and Perez wasn’t. How some of these guys are employed by a ref. Every footballer at every level knows it’s a dive but because they get those decisions they’ll keep doing it.