Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

Sometimes those 'top-level' players talk absolute shite though :dunno:

I guess you could probably say that about anyone doing the job, If i'm gonna listen to someone talking "shite" I'd pic the person with most experience,

Lots of younger ex Pros from Premier league, could do the job.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I'd rather listen to someone that that has played at the top level & experienced the same pressures as the games they are talking about,

as opposed to someone that has played in front of Conference level attendances and that are there to fill a quota.

I agree. Im fed up of them trying soo hard to put BAME and women to tick a box. Id rather listen to ex pro's than someone just in a job because of their sex or race.

• Like 2

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

I agree. Im fed up of them trying soo hard to put BAME and women to tick a box. Id rather listen to ex pro's than someone just in a job because of their sex or race.

What if that ex pro is a seasoned top pro like Heskey though? 

Or are they just ticking a box? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

What if that ex pro is a seasoned top pro like Heskey though? 

Or are they just ticking a box? 

It doesn't bother me if the person is black or not and obviously for biast reasons Id love to see big Emile(although Id argue hes quite poor as a pundit from what Ive heard). I actually think Micah Richards has been brilliant for his 'laugh' and banter but theres no doubt hes got his job in this era to tick a box and that's contradicting what we are trying to do about 'equality'. Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

They talk shite but they've been brilliant to watch for me. Great chemistry between them on that panel. 

Exactly, surely absolutely nobody watches that show for analysis and info. The whole point of it is that it's (fairly) entertaining.

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It doesn't bother me if the person is black or not and obviously for biast reasons Id love to see big Emile(although Id argue hes quite poor as a pundit from what Ive heard). I actually think Micah Richards has been brilliant for his 'laugh' and banter but theres no doubt hes got his job in this era to tick a box and that's contradicting what we are trying to do about 'equality'. Two wrongs don't make a right.

No doubt? 

Got any evidence? 

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Think your fishing a little hard, Barnes, Wright Etc it doesn't mater if they have the experience they should get the Job 

Not fishing. Just generally wonder why people get so uppity about allowing BAME people on. God forbid they get a chance to speak or prove themselves on a bigger stage. Look at the other post quoted. 'no doubt he's got his job in this era to tick a box'. 

• Like 3

Soccer Saturday is not really about offering opinions though, for me anyway, I guess they do if they're on from 12 but I have no idea why they do. It should be about who is able to describe what is going on, it's the football version of TMS. 

I actually think Sue Smith is pretty decent when she is on. 

No doubt? 

Got any evidence? 

Not fishing. Just generally wonder why people get so uppity about allowing BAME people on. God forbid they get a chance to speak or prove themselves on a bigger stage. Look at the other post quoted. 'no doubt he's got his job in this era to tick a box'. 

Over the last few years Ive seen so many more black players on the top jobs. Chris Iwulumo was on for his fantastic career was he? Saha(can barely speak English), Heskey, Richards, Evra, the list goes on. Also some terrible women pundits, Sue whatever he name is and Emma the blonde Chelsea lady, they both talk the most sense on mute.

I don't believe in coincidences, they are trying to show the world by filling the quota full of BAME and women, and whilst I agree with equality, I disagree with how they are doing it.

• Thanks 1

No doubt? 

Got any evidence? 

But surely, if you had a list of CVs you shouldn't prioritise because of Race or a quota to fill, equally you shouldn't discriminate because of Race.

Candidates should be judged on experience, otherwise don't try jump in at the deep end, and fill positions in the lower games like Tony Warner, Neil Mellor etc 

52 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Stelling next, please. It became the cosy boys club, with Jeff starting to believe his own hype and the those three becoming more and more found out with their lack of knowledge and research.

Would love a UCL goals show type panel, though we know that'll never happen. Jeff with four more unresearched (and probably cheaper) ex-players incoming

Stelling? His research is among the best. He's said before he waits months to get a stat out.

Kamara is one of the worse. Just says stuff to get a laugh.

Edited by Fox92

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

But surely, if you had a list of CVs you shouldn't prioritise because of Race or a quota to fill, equally you shouldn't discriminate because of Race.

Candidates should be judged on experience, otherwise don't try jump in at the deep end, and fill positions in the lower games like Tony Warner, Neil Mellor etc 

But even when that is done, it's still perceived as ticking a box. Alex Scott can be really good to listen to sometimes. But she'll only get hired because it's box ticking. 

Even the guy above said Richards was 'brilliant' but it was box ticking. What's the way to do it? 

• Like 1

To be fair, black, white, men, women. nearly every single pundit on currently talk absolute sh*t. The standard over the last few years has been as bad as ive ever seen.

The 90s with Andy Gray, Richard Keys was far far better. Now its just geared towards top 6, but to an absolutely embarrassing level that's almost too biast to actually accept is allowed to be said on a supposed neutral broadcast..

They need to get more 'experts' who have had careers at Everton, Leicester, Newcastle etc rather than just ex Liverpool and Man Utd..yawn

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Stelling? His research is among the best. He's said before he waits months to get a stat out.

Kamara is one of the worse. Just says stuff to get a laugh.

Let's see him tone his rants and joining in with the old lads club in future then, and have him stick to the brilliant, excitable presenter full of knowledge back in the day 

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

To be fair, black, white, men, women. nearly every single pundit on currently talk absolute sh*t. The standard over the last few years has been as bad as ive ever seen.

The 90s with Andy Gray, Richard Keys was far far better. Now its just geared towards top 6, but to an absolutely embarrassing level that's almost too biast to actually accept is allowed to be said on a supposed neutral broadcast..

They need to get more 'experts' who have had careers at Everton, Leicester, Newcastle etc rather than just ex Liverpool and Man Utd..yawn

Gray/Keys were the best.

I think Kelly Dalglish is the best presenter now.

Neville and Carragher are miles ahead of the rest imo and they are both a good watch together too. Micah Richards has been a decent addition but the rest are all equally as bad.

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gray/Keys were the best.

I think Kelly Dalglish is the best presenter now.

Neville and Carragher are miles ahead of the rest imo and they are both a good watch together too. Micah Richards has been a decent addition but the rest are all equally as bad.

Prefer Keane and Souness to Neville and carragher. 

• Like 1