Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

So if Harry Maguire appeal has been successful  and a re-trial will take place at a later date, does that not leave Maguire open to being found guilty again and actually getting a custodial sentence?

His defence team must be pretty confident that he did nothing wrong.

He isn't going to prison that's not how it works for people in his position....and I don't mean centre back.;)

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sky really don't really have much option but to freshen it up. You just can't have a whole panel consisting of gammon in this day and age.

This phrase man. Is this just labelled to any middle aged white man now.

• Like 4

Just now, The People's Hero said:

The new panel will have all the necessary diversity of the front cover of a university prospectus.

I turned up to university and was shocked to meet any heterosexual, able bodied, white men at all.

Self-reporting this humblebrag. Yes I went to university. Even graduated. 2:1 baby!

48 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Any middle aged white man who’s got an opinion different to someone else. 

Whilst I totally understand the plight of the underclasses and white dominance etc I can't help but think you wouldn't get away with making such flippant remarks about the colour of any other demographic's skin. 

Equality should apply to all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Probably to be replaced with some females preferably BAME to cover all bases

As long as they're fit and know their stuff I don't think anyone is bothered.

By fit I  mean healthy and look after themselves, I'm not a perv.

The worst thing about Skys football coverage besides the top 6 bias is the transfer talk show and ref watch. How can you make a 30min(?) programme every day, sometimes more than once a day I think, where 95% is basically just speculating and making shit up, the other 5% is actually talking about done deals. And again, basically whats the latest on Arsenal? Whats the latest on Liverpool? Whats the latest on "United"? Whats the latest on "City"? Whats the latest on Spurs? Whats the latest on Chelsea? And heres a roundup on every PL club in 30 seconds!!

Ref watch just needs to get in the bin, it does no good to anyone. oooh "is this a red card" (it blatantly is) Dermot Gallagher "well not really". Call me soft but if I was a PL referee i'd hate to have my work (which is incredibly difficult) to be scrutinised and criticised thanks to 100x slow motion takes on TV every pissing week.

34 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

As long as they're fit and know their stuff I don't think anyone is bothered.

By fit I  mean healthy and look after themselves, I'm not a perv.

Surely scruffy unhealthy people can be competent at tv presenting too?.....the world is so prejudice :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, Walkers said:

The worst thing about Skys football coverage besides the top 6 bias is the transfer talk show and ref watch. How can you make a 30min(?) programme every day, sometimes more than once a day I think, where 95% is basically just speculating and making shit up, the other 5% is actually talking about done deals. And again, basically whats the latest on Arsenal? Whats the latest on Liverpool? Whats the latest on "United"? Whats the latest on "City"? Whats the latest on Spurs? Whats the latest on Chelsea? And heres a roundup on every PL club in 30 seconds!!

Ref watch just needs to get in the bin, it does no good to anyone. oooh "is this a red card" (it blatantly is) Dermot Gallagher "well not really". Call me soft but if I was a PL referee i'd hate to have my work (which is incredibly difficult) to be scrutinised and criticised thanks to 100x slow motion takes on TV every pissing week.

Why....Sportsman have to..!!

Why shouldnt the refs Front up...

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why....Sportsman have to..!!

Why shouldnt the refs Front up...

Harder job being a ref. But I hate the whole idea of punditry and analysis anyway, bunch of people who would have made the same mistakes as a player making out as though they know everything

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Harder job being a ref. But I hate the whole idea of punditry and analysis anyway, bunch of people who would have made the same mistakes as a player making out as though they know everything

Its entertainment....the 30yr old Ref has to be hard and robust enough, to Take the shit that 18-23hrs kids do from the Media & Social media...

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Its entertainment....the 30yr old Ref has to be hard and robust enough, to Take the shit that 18-23hrs kids do from the Media & Social media...

Why should they be abused? Admittedly i've been wound up by referees before and called them names but some people are repetitive and well over the top

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why should they be abused? Admittedly i've been wound up by referees before and called them names but some people are repetitive and well over the top

I actually agree and sympathise and if you know of my posts, I tend to defend most players &refs from cynical abusive posts...

But in These VAR times, we Need to see balanced und some hard critic,to be faced upto,

so progress eventually transposes the Bad Translation Composed and  imposed on the back of Good ideas...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I actually agree and sympathise and if you know of my posts, I tend to defend most players &refs from cynical abusive posts...

But in These VAR times, we Need to see balanced und some hard critic,to be faced upto,

so progress eventually transposes the Bad Translation Composed and  imposed on the back of Good ideas...

To be fair mate, not many can read them lol 

• Haha 1

I swear of the years Sky have been getting worse in their choice of pundits, I mean Clinton Morrison for example? seriously. I don't know anybody who can use the word "like" as much as him in one sentence. Once again it feels like they only hiring people that ticks boxes rather if there good enough for the job. It's happening alot on tv nowhere days.

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

To be fair mate, not many can read them lol 

Hysterical & droll...

Our default use of the language is therefore extremely creative and dynamic, rather than rule-bound, restricted, and beset by pointless and obsessive limitations.....

Some just Fall behind...innit..!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I think Doherty just suits Wolves' system. A bit like the players at Sheffield United.

I don't necessarily think he's a good full back.

He isn't. He's a poor RB who gets caught out a lot defensively. 

He works well at RWB where he can concentrate on going forwards. I'm a little bit annoyed that he'll be going for less than £20m though. Only TAA has a better goal/assist output than him over the last two seasons, and he still has three years left on his contract. But then again he's nearing 30 and he's someone we've been looking to upgrade since we got back in the Prem. 

He absolutely won't be much good as a RB at Spurs, I guarantee you that. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3