Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Put me in the "How the **** has Merson kept his job" camp. Sky probably feel sorry for him and don't want him to go back to drinking and gambling. 

Le Tissier is an opinionated nut job though, and his Twitter is embarrassing. He also loves himself a bit too much. 

Alex Scott will get the gig guaranteed. She's always on Sky games. 

If it was up to me I'd have that lass Emma Louise Jones who reports on the Leeds games and does radio stuff with Robbie Savage. Absolute cheb fest. 

IMG_20200826_214541.jpg

SIGN HER UP

Just like Nicholas, Thompson and Le Tissier, I'm sure she'll have her knockers but I like her philosophy of setting up with two big ones up top, having smooth passages of play and being tight at the back. As for being on top for 90 minutes.....(lucky Top!)

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Even when reading through this forum we've seen comments as such. Sad that reality of their names being linked mainly due to the ethnicity than their ability as a pundit 

Alex Scott is a fantastic pundit. Her insight into the game is much better than many others.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

One less scouser on the TV

Can only be a good thing

A bit stereotypical and in this day and age an appauling attitude to have.

• Like 1

Premier League loyalty table

1. Burnley – Average time at club: 1,496 days

2. Tottenham – Average time at club: 1,307 days

3. Crystal Palace – Average time at club: 1,208 days

4. Leicester – Average time at club: 1,137 days

5. Manchester United – Average time at club: 1,081 days

6. Newcastle – Average time at club: 1,081 days

7. West Ham – Average time at club: 921 days

8. Sheffield United – Average time at club: 839 days

9. Southampton – Average time at club: 833 days

10. West Brom – Average time at club: 821 days

11. Liverpool – Average time at club: 781 days

12. Arsenal – Average time at club: 769 days

13. Manchester City – Average time at club: 733 days

14. Leeds – Average time at club: 729 days

15. Brighton – Average time at club: 720 days

16. Aston Villa – Average time at club: 711 days

17. Fulham – Average time at club: 698 days

18. Wolves – Average time at club: 687 days

19. Everton – Average time at club: 634 days

20. Chelsea – Average time at club: 614 days

https://talksport.com/football/751369/chelsea-tottenham-man-utd-premier-league-rank-loyalty/

19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You've only just noticed stereotyping on here? 😏

haha no this thread has turned into something I thought I'd never see. But then you can't come out with discriminating people based on which part of the Country they are from.

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson played in the 80s. Game has passed them by. They have good banter but their knowledge and tactical insight is goddamn appalling. Paul Merson can't even pronounce simple foreign names correctly. 

All these people on social media who are making disgusting derogatory comments about black pundits can get in the ****ing bin. What has Alex Scott or Micah Richards done to deserve all this abuse? There are truly awful white pundits who are on TV but Alex Scott is judged on a ridiculously high standard. 

There are good & bad white and black pundits. The Soccer Saturday lads aren't exactly the beacon of intellectualism. So of someone black/female gets on there, so what?

This is what we are gonna miss

My only argument about having a female is womens football isn't at the standard mens football is. They are gonna be on a panel criticising male footballers.

I suppose it's a bit like how these failed managers sit their and criticise current managers.

I personally think Alex Scott is one of the best newer pundits around. She’s often very insightful and very articulate, which is a big improvement on the old boys brigade which seems to have been a Sky since the dawn of time.

Similarly I’ve enjoyed Micah Richards whenever he’s been a pundit.

Its like when Alan Hansen stopped being on MOTD. Originally he was there to offer an Insight into being a footballer but when the game moves on and is barely relatable to the game he played its time to move on. 

The same has happened here. Nothing more 

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

Put me in the "How the **** has Merson kept his job" camp. Sky probably feel sorry for him and don't want him to go back to drinking and gambling. 

Le Tissier is an opinionated nut job though, and his Twitter is embarrassing. He also loves himself a bit too much. 

Alex Scott will get the gig guaranteed. She's always on Sky games. 

If it was up to me I'd have that lass Emma Louise Jones who reports on the Leeds games and does radio stuff with Robbie Savage. Absolute cheb fest. 

IMG_20200826_214541.jpg

SIGN HER UP

Forget football, I'd just watch her all day :nigel:

18 minutes ago, davieG said:

You don''t have to have been a great footballer or won loads of Cups to know about football, Just look at all the great players that have failed at football management.

As long as you're knowledgeable about the game

Articulate

Unbiased

Prepared to research teams and individual players

Prepared to listen and learn from others

Then that should be a good base.

Oh and don't judge people on the first few performances.

I agree!

I cant believe the vile abuse people are getting ... i made the mistake of reading comments under news articles online. I remember being proud to be British...now I feel sick. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

You don''t have to have been a great footballer or won loads of Cups to know about football, Just look at all the great players that have failed at football management.

As long as you're knowledgeable about the game

Articulate

Unbiased

Prepared to research teams and individual players

Prepared to listen and learn from others

Then that should be a good base.

Oh and don't judge people on the first few performances.

Couldn't have put it better myself, you only just have to look at the managerial careers that the likes of Mourinho, Nagelsmann and Rodgers have had who can barely kicked a ball between them and compare them to the likes of Maradona, Henry and Keane and it quickly becomes clear being able to understand the game and its tactics has nothing to do with your ability to play the game.

There's sadly still plenty of underlying sexism and racism in society and some people will come up with any excuse to try and justify it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Scott Minto gone as well.

Always thought he was decent presenter tbf.

I'm really surprised at that too. To be fair, the coverage of the Championship has been much better than that of the Premier League IMHO. Minto and David Prutton are brilliant anchors and I like Jobi McAnuff, Keith Andrews and Gary O'Neil as pundits too. I think they're way more insightful than the PL pundits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Premier League loyalty table

1. Burnley – Average time at club: 1,496 days

2. Tottenham – Average time at club: 1,307 days

3. Crystal Palace – Average time at club: 1,208 days

4. Leicester – Average time at club: 1,137 days

5. Manchester United – Average time at club: 1,081 days

6. Newcastle – Average time at club: 1,081 days

7. West Ham – Average time at club: 921 days

8. Sheffield United – Average time at club: 839 days

9. Southampton – Average time at club: 833 days

10. West Brom – Average time at club: 821 days

11. Liverpool – Average time at club: 781 days

12. Arsenal – Average time at club: 769 days

13. Manchester City – Average time at club: 733 days

14. Leeds – Average time at club: 729 days

15. Brighton – Average time at club: 720 days

16. Aston Villa – Average time at club: 711 days

17. Fulham – Average time at club: 698 days

18. Wolves – Average time at club: 687 days

19. Everton – Average time at club: 634 days

20. Chelsea – Average time at club: 614 days

https://talksport.com/football/751369/chelsea-tottenham-man-utd-premier-league-rank-loyalty/

I'm guessing this was done before Chilwell moved to Chelsea. Our average will drop with his 11 years taken from our average.

30 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm guessing this was done before Chilwell moved to Chelsea. Our average will drop with his 11 years taken from our average.

Probably not that much, if they’re including youth players years at the club we still have Barnes, Choudhury, Thomas as well as players that have been at the club for close to a decade in Vardy, Morgan and Schmeichel.

The turnover of our squad isn’t that high which I think is a small part of our relative success. Everton have churned through no end of players which makes it hard to build a good squad as a comparison 

• Like 1