Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Allan would be a good signing. Doucore is very inconsistent and I just have a feeling James would flop in the prem. And it's still Everton

Ancelotti is a good manager, better than the ones they had before 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Leeds look very likely to be signing Rodrigo from Valencia. Considering Valencia are doing some sort of a fire sale, and I’ve never really heard bad things from the Spanish journalists on him, I’m

disappointed we didn’t try and bring him in. 

38 goals in 6 seasons and 172 appearances of which 16 were in one season three seasons ago. Not exactly the most inspiring stats for a striker. Add that to the fact he's 29 and has cost Leeds 30 million pounds I really don't see the hype. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I know we all like to have a laugh at Maguires expense since his move to Utd, myself included, but gotta say I feel quite sorry for him. He never came across as flashy or obnoxious here and it seems like he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. A lot of Chinese whispers about which don’t help either, what’s all this about Albanians injecting his younger sister? 

Got to agree with you here... seems very out of character for him and i suppose there’s a chance he’s gone a  bit  big time Charlie on us and he might have if the ‘ don’t you know who i am “ lines are true.. it makes it all a bit more believable if what supposedly happened to his sister is true but there’s a few holes  in that story too..

Its an odd one, but i know for sure i’d kick off if someone tried to hurt my sister in that way..

Everton signing all the midfielders after signing all the wingers last season. Once they move on to the defence next season they’ll be really getting there. And by 2022 it’ll finally click that Dom Calvert Lewin wasn’t the striker they needed lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Leeds look very likely to be signing Rodrigo from Valencia. Considering Valencia are doing some sort of a fire sale, and I’ve never really heard bad things from the Spanish journalists on him, I’m

disappointed we didn’t try and bring him in. 

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

38 goals in 6 seasons and 172 appearances of which 16 were in one season three seasons ago. Not exactly the most inspiring stats for a striker. Add that to the fact he's 29 and has cost Leeds 30 million pounds I really don't see the hype. 

He's more the Firmino type of hard-worker and creator so I wouldn't expect to see that many goals from him anyway. 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't get in any of the positions he can cover? Crap in midfield, crap in defence.

I've been very impressed with him. Winger (which we need) and can play at full back (urgent need in the short term). Young, talented, hungry. Think we've missed a trick personally.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He's more the Firmino type of hard-worker and creator so I wouldn't expect to see that many goals from him anyway. 

Unless Leeds plan to play two up front I can’t see that working. Liverpool can make it work by having wingers who will get 20 goals a season but Leeds don’t have that. Surely they needed a goal scorer

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

God help us all.

Would be a nightmare if the ffp dodging knobs get Messi.

I dislike Man City massively, but I would love to see Messi play in England. I've not had the chance to see him play live, so I'd love to be able to say I'd seen arguably the best player of all time play with my own eyes. It would also be interesting to see how he gets on... would he bang in 30-40 goals a season like he does in Spain in the league? Cristiano Ronaldo got 31 in 34 games in one season for Man U so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Messi would hit those sorts of numbers.

I'd also like to point out to Messi that we are the REAL City in the Premier League when he's planning his next move :whistle:

20 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Marcelo Bechler is reporting Messi wants to go to Man City. God help our new Left Back.

I doubt in his entire football career, Messi had ever dreamed about playing for Manchester City. 

Pep would be the only draw for him there and I dont see that even being enough.

3 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I doubt in his entire football career, Messi had ever dreamed about playing for Manchester City. 

Pep would be the only draw for him there and I dont see that even being enough.

I doubt he's ever dreamt of playing for PSG either. 

He's played 20 years for a team he probably dreamt of. I doubt things like that will come in to his head - he'll just want trophies.

Despite this seemingly having more traction than previous transfer speculation surrounding Messi, I still can’t see him leaving Barca.

This team is undoubtedly the worst Barcelona team he’s played in and he is at an age where he probably has to go now to have a half decent career somewhere else. However he’s got so many special privileges at Barca, he’s a player unlike any other not only in ability but standing within a football club. It’d be very interesting to see how he’d cope going into another dressing room full of egos which isn’t his domain. 

Not to mention his wages are obscene. Man City can afford them but then what do De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero do? Yes you can argue they don’t deserve parity with the GOAT but being a 1/3 of it might sting a bit 

A straight swap with Neymar at PSG is the only thing I can see making any sense 

26 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Despite this seemingly having more traction than previous transfer speculation surrounding Messi, I still can’t see him leaving Barca.

Indeed, he has actually submitted a request to leave this time. By fax. I know there are legal reasons for this but I'm still amused at the image of Messi sending a fax (ovbiously he'd have people to do it but that ruins the image I have).

Is it a plan to remove the board? Them or me? There's been considerable discord between Directors and players/other levels at the club for some time.

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Everton signing all the midfielders after signing all the wingers last season. Once they move on to the defence next season they’ll be really getting there. And by 2022 it’ll finally click that Dom Calvert Lewin wasn’t the striker they needed lol 

Don't they already have like 43654645 midfielders who do the same job anyway? 

It's amazing how Everton are not called out for their ridiculous over-spending relative to their league positions. Would be interesting if anyone knows the total spend of Everton over the last 5/10 years? They've threw money away on absolute guff season after season. 

They clearly haven't learned with Rodriguez. A big name yes but he'll blow their wage structure out and I can see it being another flop signing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adster said:

Don't they already have like 43654645 midfielders who do the same job anyway? 

It's amazing how Everton are not called out for their ridiculous over-spending relative to their league positions. Would be interesting if anyone knows the total spend of Everton over the last 5/10 years? They've threw money away on absolute guff season after season. 

They clearly haven't learned with Rodriguez. A big name yes but he'll blow their wage structure out and I can see it being another flop signing. 

Yeah since Moshiri took over they've spent a fortune. He is a billionaire though so they've got the cash that's for sure.

It's strange as well, they hired Walsh and then employed managers who wanted control over signings, so they sacked walsh. Now they've hired Brands who is considered to be a brilliant DOF and again Ancelloti just seems to be signing favourites. Both Allan and James have played for him, so they're not exactly going to be brands recommendations are they!

Strange club