Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Indeed, he has actually submitted a request to leave this time. By fax. I know there are legal reasons for this but I'm still amused at the image of Messi sending a fax (ovbiously he'd have people to do it but that ruins the image I have).

Is it a plan to remove the board? Them or me? There's been considerable discord between Directors and players/other levels at the club for some time.

lol I love it. Rummaging through a cluttered cupboard to find a yellowed, old fax machine, dusting it off, plugging it in and realising the ink's dried out. Driving round town looking for an Office World or Rymans that hasn't yet become a pound shop.

Obviously the fax machine Messi used wasn't the one we used in the Silva deal, otherwise it would have arrived in October.

Why do Everton continually buy midfielders? Spend the 30m that you're spending on James Rodriguez (wages and transfer fee) and sign a better goalkeeper, Pickford is awful and costs them points every couple of weeks. Buy a bloody striker too, then you might actually finish near the top 6.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol I love it. Rummaging through a cluttered cupboard to find a yellowed, old fax machine, dusting it off, plugging it in and realising the ink's dried out. Driving round town looking for an Office World or Rymans that hasn't yet become a pound shop.

Waiting for it to dial, beeping and whirring, desperately hoping it doesn't take 2 pages together....

Everyone under 40 is reading and going 'WTF is a fax machine' :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stelling next, please. It became the cosy boys club, with Jeff starting to believe his own hype and the those three becoming more and more found out with their lack of knowledge and research.

Would love a UCL goals show type panel, though we know that'll never happen. Jeff with four more unresearched (and probably cheaper) ex-players incoming

• Like 1

I don't watch as much as soccer Saturday as I used to but from what I saw they chopped and changed a lot last season, rarely were the 4 regulars all on. 

Probably did need freshening up, and will probably have a female/BAME panellist each week, which is fine as long as they are a half decent communicator. It's probably a harder job than it looks.

Surprising Merson is staying but maybe he costs less in expenses or something. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And that's a bad thing? 

I'd rather listen to someone that that has played at the top level & experienced the same pressures as the games they are talking about,

as opposed to someone that has played in front of Conference level attendances and that are there to fill a quota.