Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If VAR was as all encompassing bent as some think it is in regard to ensuring we aren't anywhere near the title race then why did they overturn that penalty yesterday, not judge Vardy to have clipped Rudiger for Maddison's goal and rule out Werner's?

One minute VAR is purely wanting Liverpool to win the league (last season) now it's Spurs early on, then Man Utd and now Man City? Come on, stop pulling pissers. It's just shit full stop. 

Agreed I think var has been pretty kind to us this season. 

• Like 1

If that first goal is allowed by the rules then there is a problem with the rules. Any defender in that situation is at a severe disadvantage because he has to stand still to control the ball, while the opposing player is able to start a sprint 20 yards behind him and arrive at full pelt to nick the ball of him the second he tries to bring it down. That cannot be fair and if the rules allow that to happen they should be changed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It is the rule - I remember something similar happening between Liverpool & Spurs a few seasons ago. It's a shit rule mind. Rodri is offside. Clearly. He's influenced Mings in to playing the ball and making a mistake because of his position.

True, as annoying as it is. Like you say, it's just a shit rule.

Peter Walton's back tracking I stand by though. His opinion had to change to stay in line with the F.A's script.

Edited by adejo92

The rules are made up as they go along to suit the big clubs. It will always happen sadly and it would be great to see referee's come out and talk about the pressure there under. I mean are they influenced. Of course we will never know has refs are given silent orders.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, st albans fox said:

Sunderland - opening game 15/16 

albrighton  

same law , slightly different circumstance as he doesn’t tackle the defender but he benefits from the player being deemed to have deliberately tried to play the ball when making contact .....

I'm amazed you can remember what comment I made/didn't make 5 and a half years ago to be honest.

I probably just thought the lino missed an offside as opposed to this 'deliberately played the ball' malarkey.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If VAR was as all encompassing bent as some think it is in regard to ensuring we aren't anywhere near the title race then why did they overturn that penalty yesterday, not judge Vardy to have clipped Rudiger for Maddison's goal and rule out Werner's?

One minute VAR is purely wanting Liverpool to win the league (last season) now it's Spurs early on, then Man Utd and now Man City? Come on, stop pulling pissers. It's just shit full stop. 

Who's top of the penalties awarded list...

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

lol Mate, we've played 19 (nineteen) games out of a 38 game season. I think you need to get your brain into gear if you're getting worked up about other teams results this early.

Mate, stick to wanting man city  to go top of the  league  and above us, whatever the time of year it is. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

The rules are made up as they go along to suit the big clubs. It will always happen sadly and it would be great to see referee's come out and talk about the pressure there under. I mean are they influenced. Of course we will never know as ref are about silent treatments.

This is just not true. This rule has been in place for a while.

• Like 1

I'll take their word the decision was correct as got better things to do than read the IFAB pages, but why doesn't the former professional referee who is paid by BT specifically to discuss officiating decisions not know them? Inept refs on the pitch, and equally inept ones on TV. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

The thing that needs to be looked at is advantage gained. Does Rodri gain an advantage from being in an offside position? Yes - goal shouldn’t count.

Compare this to goals which are ruled out for less than a mm of armpit hair where no resonance advantage is gained. 
Absolutely ridiculous 

Seems if that is the rule they are using then yet again it is ridiculous... Rodri gains a massive advantage 

2 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

If that first goal is allowed by the rules then there is a problem with the rules. Any defender in that situation is at a severe disadvantage because he has to stand still to control the ball, while the opposing player is able to start a sprint 20 yards behind him and arrive at full pelt to nick the ball of him the second he tries to bring it down. That cannot be fair and if the rules allow that to happen they should be changed. 

Or the defender could do nothing, let the ball go by, and the offside player running towards it is called offside. The situation we've just seen feels wrong, so there probably is a problem with the rule. Law, sorry.