Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Does this “deliberately “ playing of-the ball apply to goalkeepers ?.....If so it means a forward could just stand few yards out ,blatantly offside and when the keeper makes a deliberate play of making a save and parrying it the forward can then score....crazy rule 

1 minute ago, irishfoxkev said:

Does this “deliberately “ playing of-the ball apply to goalkeepers ?.....If so it means a forward could just stand few yards out ,blatantly offside and when the keeper makes a deliberate play of making a save and parrying it the forward can then score....crazy rule 

They make it up at the time where goalkeepers are concerned. See also "the collision was inevitable", which coincidentally was also in Man City's favour. 

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Harry Maguire ten yards behind the play, already looking for the ref to rescue them before the ball has even hit his own net.

A common sight.

Tbf it was Wan Bissaka playing Lookman onside. Maguire thought the whole defence was in line together.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It all went slow motion there, what is Bailly doing? And Pogba ended up centre back lol 

I wouldn't be against a bid for Lookman in the summer. 

I’d slagged him all season up until our game. Then he goes and scores against us and goes on to be Fulham’s best player at the minute. 

Looks like VAR has got a job on to rescue this for Ole.

@st albans fox will be sat there with his FA rule back and Peter Walton referee jersey deserately hoping for some dodgy VAR action :D

p.s. I'm happy to concede to you on the offside, I personally think the rule is poor and isn't particularly fair, but can't argue with the reasoning for the officials giving it. Moss, that lino and the VAR lads, I take back my calls for you to be banned.