Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If VAR was as all encompassing bent as some think it is in regard to ensuring we aren't anywhere near the title race then why did they overturn that penalty yesterday, not judge Vardy to have clipped Rudiger for Maddison's goal and rule out Werner's?

One minute VAR is purely wanting Liverpool to win the league (last season) now it's Spurs early on, then Man Utd and now Man City? Come on, stop pulling pissers. It's just shit full stop. 

This is a man that knows his Tangy Toms!! 

• Haha 1

The referees just trying to save face with this phase of play bollocks. They might have some sort of small print that says that can be onside, however common sense tells you that is offside. 

Hard to have any sympathy for Villa though, dirty bastards.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm amazed you can remember what comment I made/didn't make 5 and a half years ago to be honest.

I probably just thought the lino missed an offside as opposed to this 'deliberately played the ball' malarkey.

Ha - of course I dont remember ...... ‘you’ was used as any of us, not specifically you 

my point is it isn’t a new law ... we benefited from it five years ago!   Though the reality was that the lino  missed Marc being offside!   

I remember early in the season Leeds were playing someone and Patrick Bamford scored a good goal, only for to be rubbed out  because he stuck arm to tell team mate where to put it. I mean how's that an advantage, he's not going to score with his hand is he.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

I actually think that’s onside. The attacker doesn’t interfere until Mings has deliberately played the ball.

That is the reason it is given, the rule is lent great though because Rodri clearly forces the mistake from an offside position 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I remember early in the season Leeds were playing someone and Patrick Bamford scored a good goal, only for to be rubbed because he stuck arm to tell team mate where to put it. I mean how's that an advantage, he's not going to score with his hand is he.

The armpit is used 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No - you have to wait for the player to deliberately play the ball and then you can challenge them. Defenders should know the laws of the game 

So you can stand offside, and tackle them as soon as they go to play the ball. 

You can also stand near the corner flag, have someone chip the ball to the corner flag. As long as the striker doesn't control the ball or try to tackle the defender before they touch it then it's fair game. I'm all for allowing play to continue if a player is offside and doesn't affect the game. Having a rule that allows them to be offside and then directly effect the match within seconds is appalling lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The referees just trying to save face with this phase of play bollocks. They might have some sort of small print that says that can be onside, however common sense tells you that is offside. 

Hard to have any sympathy for Villa though, dirty bastards.

Exactly. Could’ve given offside and avoid all controversy. It likely would’ve been seen as a valid decision too.

No sympathy for Villa though. It’s Villa. 

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I actually think that’s onside. The attacker doesn’t interfere until Mings has deliberately played the ball.

You see players come back from offside positions all the time, but purposely they leave the ball alone. 

It's a pony rule and there needs to be some consistency with the ruling on offsides and how it impacts on play. As someone said, you can be half a finger offside and it be ruled out but be 20 yards off not interfering with play until it comes near the defender and sneak up and rip their kegs down and the goal stands. It's a scandalous loophole.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

So you can stand offside, and tackle them as soon as they go to play the ball. 

You can also stand near the corner flag, have someone chip the ball to the corner flag. As long as the striker doesn't control the ball or try to tackle the defender before they touch it then it's fair game. I'm all for allowing play to continue if a player is offside and doesn't affect the game. Having a rule that allows them to be offside and then directly effect the match within seconds is appalling lol

You can’t tackle them as soon as go to play the ball. You have to wait for them to have played the ball. If rodri challenges as mings chests it then he is offside. He waits for him to chest it down and then attempts the tackle .   And the header forward wasn’t an attempted pass to Rodri anyway - hence it’s different to your corner flat ....there are arguments here which seem to indicate that people want common-sense to be the law ....that would allow for more fiddling of decisions for big clubs to  be justified.