Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

45 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I fear Man City will piss the league now. We will finish above Man U though, and that might just be enough for CL football next season.

Hopefully they'll do that, and then take points off everyone else around us, so...? (If we can't win it ourselves.)

Edited by PhillippaT

30 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Is there a St. Direby's day?  The day each year when the worst club in the PL surpasses 11 points?

Today's result hit some of theirs a bit hard.

2022257374_StDirebys.JPG.1f7402b6ca41ea50c720d4d31a75b016.JPG

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36328-11-points/page/16/#comments

If not there should be. How sad they've got a thread for their PL low points record :D

• Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 19:05, SAFC1 said:

As much to blame as anyone. Allardyce had just kept us up after making some decent signings (Kone, Kirchoff and Khazri), and we had an excellent second half to the season. Moyes gave in after 2 league games, came out and said we were certainly in a relegation battle. Gave contracts to his mates Lescott and Pienaar who were both finished. Turned down signing Yann M’Vila who was excellent on loan the previous season, spunked £13M on Didier N’Dong which didn’t work out. Froze out Khazri and persisted with Januzaj who’s heart wasn’t in it. He’s genuinely hated by Sunderland supporters, should’ve walked away after a couple of months. I could go on all night about how bad he was up here.  Dour negative arsehole. 

Interested to know how you'd rank Moyes, Grayson, Coleman, Ross and Parkinson.

Guest bss9401

Anyone else predict a much improved Chelsea at the weekend?

I think about 80% possession and about 25 shots.

However, they will still manage to lose 0-1 at home to Burnley.

Thomas Tuchel, meet Burnley FC

Edited by bss9401
Forgot a bit

39 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Going to be a bit of a culture shock for Tuchel!

I am expecting some post match complaints from him about Burnley.

If they don’t get a win probably the same sort of sour grapes Man U displayed after the game last night.

No credit to Sheff U given it seems .

1 hour ago, bss9401 said:

That would be epic

10 hours ago, KingsX said:

Is there a St. Direby's day?  The day each year when the worst club in the PL surpasses 11 points?

Today's result hit some of theirs a bit hard.

2022257374_StDirebys.JPG.1f7402b6ca41ea50c720d4d31a75b016.JPG

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36328-11-points/page/16/#comments

I think most posts are in good humour to be fair to them.

Edited by Nalis

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everyone can preach about how 'it's only a minority' making these comments but that's still too many. It's way beyond when they should have but these social media companies need to be tougher on these accounts and take this shit seriously. 

Racism in football should never be a thing but until there's a time when comments like this aren't made, there's always a fight worth having in battling against these disgraceful people who make these kind of posts. 

Governments need to hold social media companies to account, if there was a process in place were they face massive fines for allowing this sort of content they would soon sort it out.  

Man City will likely win the league. Man Utd have enough about them to finish 2nd or 3rd. Liverpool still the defending champions and will be  top 4. So that leaves one spot for us, Spurs and Chelsea. We need to match their results. So for that reason I'm hoping for a Liverpool win tonight or a draw.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everyone can preach about how 'it's only a minority' making these comments but that's still too many. It's way beyond when they should have but these social media companies need to be tougher on these accounts and take this shit seriously. 

Racism in football should never be a thing but until there's a time when comments like this aren't made, there's always a fight worth having in battling against these disgraceful people who make these kind of posts. 

Unfortunately, ignorance, hatred and stupidity have been mainstreamed, and racism is a sub-section of all of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You can criticise players and managers but I've never understood why your go-to criticism is racial rhetoric. If a player is crap then he's crap but what's the point in racist remarks. Strange behaviour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

You can criticise players and managers but I've never understood why your go-to criticism is racial rhetoric. If a player is crap then he's crap but what's the point in racist remarks. Strange behaviour.

Because finding something different as a reason to hate is easier.

• Like 1