Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I've said all along that Villa will finish lower mid table. There are at least 11 teams better than them in this league. Grealish is an exceptional talent and they have a few decent players like Barkley but they have some absolute shite as well. In fact 75% of their squad is shite. Other than the 2 I mentioned, I wouldn't have a single player of theirs in our squad. And Barkley isnt even their player

Tosh. Traore, El Ghazi, Martinez, and McGinn are all very good players. Watkins is well on his way to being very good, too.

Just now, Nod.E said:

Tosh. Traore, El Ghazi, Martinez, and McGinn are all very good players. Watkins is well on his way to being very good, too.

Martinez was terrible for both the second and third goals.

You've got to question why he's been a second choice his whole career, I've been impressed with him when I've seen him but something doesn't add up to me.

I fear for the God loving Chilwell and reckon he hasnt got what it takes for that position in that team.

Going off of results tonight we have to win really, it would start to open up the top of the table teams from the mid-table.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Your opinion mate but Traore is an absolute dog of a player. El Ghazi is average but I agree Martinez is a top keeper. McGinn is hit and miss and would not get in our side. The only player I'd take there is Martinez but I'm in no rush to get rid of Kasper just yet. 

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

What's the deal with Wolves? I'm interested to know the thoughts of a wolves  fan as you seem to have regressed hugely this season and you have had less games with no UEL. Jiminez clearly a big loss but selling Doherty and Jota for low fees seemed odd. What's your thoughts on your owners? All seems a bit dodgy to me with the whole agents thing and a constant hard on for signing Portuguese players. But I dont really know much hence why I'm interested in your view. 

I'll keep this short as people on here have heard much of this before. Poor season so far. Quick turnaround, no break, long season before that. Injuries haven't helped, particularly Jimenez. Trying to evolve to a back four hasn't helped defensively either. 

Jota didn't go cheap, he cost Liverpool £45m. Doherty is truly shite in a back four so £15m is a reasonable fee. 

Owners are in this for the long haul. Not afraid to spend either. Mendes connection has been done to death, he's a good connection to have and helps gets deals done for us, even if he doesn't represent them. 

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I'll keep this short as people on here have heard much of this before. Poor season so far. Quick turnaround, no break, long season before that. Injuries haven't helped, particularly Jimenez. 

Jota didn't go cheap, he cost Liverpool £40m. Doherty is truly shite in a back four so £15m is a reasonable fee. 

Owners are in this for the long haul. Not afraid to spend either. Mendes connection has been done to death, he's a good connection to have and helps gets deals done for us, even if he doesn't represent them. 

Fair enough mate and hope you guys come good again. Would rather have you guys up near the top than Villa. You have a good manager and hope you guys stick with him through this sticky patch. Is he still the main man for you in the eyes of Wolves fans?

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Fair enough mate and hope you guys come good again. Would rather have you guys up near the top than Villa. You have a good manager and hope you guys stick with him through this sticky patch. Is he still the main man for you in the eyes of Wolves fans?

Yes definitely. He'll have a good chance to evolve us into more than a defensive side. Whether he can do that is another matter. 

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Because we're in a terrible run of form, haven't kept a clean sheet in 12 games and are desperate for a clean sheet and some points. 

I get that but it felt like for 99.9% of the game there was literally no attempt to get out. Just constantly giving up possession, not closing down and just lining up behind the ball. Chelsea's endless passing sideways and lack of direct threat didn't help the game (as something to watch) but I was expecting Wolves to see that and grow into the game. But the first half went, nothing. Then the second. It sort of just looked like you didn't have a play which is a surprise as I rate Nuno. Like I say even NUFC who are on even worse run of form had a little going forward.  

Just now, The Bear said:

Well we had two or three good opportunities that we messed up. Just as many as Chelsea who were a bit toothless for all their possession. 

I don’t really understand the point in having Traore on if you’re not going to play to his strengths. Either in behind or even when up against someone like Chilwell give it to his feet. I’d have thought he’d have destroyed him. You did have the better chances though. 

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Your opinion mate but Traore is an absolute dog of a player. El Ghazi is average but I agree Martinez is a top keeper. McGinn is hit and miss and would not get in our side. The only player I'd take there is Martinez but I'm in no rush to get rid of Kasper just yet. 

McGinn would be in our squad but not our 11. But not many players would better N'didi or Tielemans so that's not really a reflection on him. Traore has looked really dangerous to me whenever I've seen him play, but that's your opinion.

I think El Ghazi is improving his goalscoring record and could become a big player.

Burnley...Another Good solid PL season, breaking out..Wont struggle to survive

A.Villa.    Top 8-10

Wolves. Struggling for Top 12..

Chelsea...We have to wait & see what Tuchel brings..I

Everton..Leicester ,both  Teams can carry a defeat and still compete, for Top 4-6. 

Leicester win...put their hat in the Middle for Top 4...

Everton win...keeps the pressure on..

Draw..Still Open shoot-out..

Only tilted over half-way in the season...!!

28 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I don’t really understand the point in having Traore on if you’re not going to play to his strengths. Either in behind or even when up against someone like Chilwell give it to his feet. I’d have thought he’d have destroyed him. You did have the better chances though. 

Traore doesn't get in behind as his movement off the ball is terrible. That's why he never works played as a striker. 

I agree we should have played it into to him more often. The one chance he had one on one down the right with a chance to beat his man and cross it to the new big guy and he cut inside and ran a cross the pitch before giving it away. Probably just a confidence thing at the minute. 

Stopping the silly defensive mistakes and getting some sort of result was the key tonight. Only two other teams have come away from Stamford Bridge with a clean sheet this season. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1