urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

16 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Southampton's form has fallen off a bit hasn't it? Hadn't really been paying attention but as it stands they are 11th. Doesn't seem five minutes since they were top.

Yes, I remember just before we played them, Saints fans were saying that they were now at the same level as us.

No Southampton, you've just had a good start and all good things must come to an end.  We haven't been out of the top 5 positions for 18 months. 

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Shame really, Out of all of the teams in the league that I wouldn't mind upsetting the apple cart they are the one I don't mind. (Other than us of course)

Well preferable to West Ham I suppose,but lots of different teams having good runs and then falling back is good for us rather than teams staying the course.

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because the caveat used for another offside scenario could be interpreted that way.

They’ve now closed that loop hole because it was a farce, people were miffed because no matter what the laws said it’s not right. Hence the change.

Well this has been the case since time in memorial and just because some folk are bleating about now doesn't mean the change is right. And all because an England international didn't control the ball properly, absolutely crazy.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes, I remember just before we played them, Saints fans were saying that they were now at the same level as us.

No Southampton, you've just had a good start and all good things must come to an end.  We haven't been out of the top 5 positions for 18 months. 

Their lack of depth is to blame, past number of games has proven that.

Ings was injured, came back, then got Covid. Tonight they were missing their first choice full-backs, having the likes of Yan Valery as back up won’t help matters, we’ve seen first hand how shit he can be lol. Vestergaard and Romeu have also been missing for recent games.

When everyone is fit, they are no doubt a very good side, who play a good brand of football. Teams like ourselves, West Ham, Everton and Villa have better depth though, Southampton’s lack of depth could easily cost them a European challenge.

55 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Shame really, Out of all of the teams in the league that I wouldn't mind upsetting the apple cart they are the one I don't mind. (Other than us of course)

Yes agree..

Gutting to see the Arse improving!!

I can't help hating the traditional Big 6!!!

• Like 3

I am looking for the full match from our game v Brentford, just wondering if anyone knows where it is possible to view / links online for example? I live abroad can't use the regular BT channels for the game. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 

*Not sure where this should go please move if needed. 

Thank you,

26 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

I am looking for the full match from our game v Brentford, just wondering if anyone knows where it is possible to view / links online for example? I live abroad can't use the regular BT channels for the game. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 

*Not sure where this should go please move if needed. 

Thank you,

Depends where you are abroad. Here in Australia its still available on Kayo Sports.

6 hours ago, murphy said:

They’ve had a lot of injuries.

6 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Well this has been the case since time in memorial and just because some folk are bleating about now doesn't mean the change is right. And all because an England international didn't control the ball properly, absolutely crazy.

Except it’s not been this since time memorial, it’s changed multiple times. They are always adding to the laws or changing interpretations.

There are numerous laws, interpretations and caveats that rule someone offside, even if the defender gets to the ball first and plays it. So this notion that “Defender played ball, player can’t be offside” is wrong.

15 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Who benefited?

Who might benefit next time?

There's your answer.  :P

15 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

How is it fair to change a rule midway through a season? 

16 hours ago, filbertway said:

@Finnegan is gonna be livid!

Common sense prevails

16 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

*facepalm*

So which team is going to be livid when as a consequence of this rule change interpretation they get screwed over by a situation that no one had envisaged happening .....and everyone then shouts ‘how is that offside’ !!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So which team is going to be livid when as a consequence of this rule change interpretation they get screwed over by a situation that no one had envisaged happening .....and everyone then shouts ‘how is that offside’ !!!!!!!!

I'll be surprised if any team.

• Like 1

Interesting to see Leeds pick up a fair few knocks and injuries against Newcastle. Wonder if the high intensity is beginning to affect them? 

Didn't feel confident their keeper playing on after being twatted with a knee in the head.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Southampton's entire ethos relies on momentum, confidence and fit and healthy players. All 3 of that is being tested right now and it's no surprise they've hit a sticky patch. 

Southampton were one of the teams listed outperforming their xG in that Sky article. Only natural they might drop towards the mean as time goes on. 

• Like 1

Southampton were simply a team in a purple patch and not the real deal. You get them almost every season in the premier league. Where Southampton differ from Everton and West Ham (teams in comparable purple patches) is that Moyes and Ancelotti have proven that they can finish high up in the premier league with their styles in the past. Hassenhutel has not.

Don't often see teams bring the caretaker in before sacking the manager lol 

As you can imagine this has gone down like a sack of shit. Essentially Bournemouth fans saying he's the reason they've been playing 5 at the back defensive football all season.... so he'll fit right in!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to see Leeds pick up a fair few knocks and injuries against Newcastle. Wonder if the high intensity is beginning to affect them? 

Didn't feel confident their keeper playing on after being twatted with a knee in the head.

It's happened consistently there since Bielsa rocked up. The amazon documentary on them is worth a watch if you have the inclination, I recall Ayling (i think) saying that the players understand it's just part and parcel of the way they play. Bielsa seems to trust his players to play in many positions as well. I'm sure i've seen Dallas play LB, RB, CB and CM this season haha

14 hours ago, murphy said:

Ever since their manager started crying. The cringe has knocked the players out their stride 🤣

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It's happened consistently there since Bielsa rocked up. The amazon documentary on them is worth a watch if you have the inclination, I recall Ayling (i think) saying that the players understand it's just part and parcel of the way they play. Bielsa seems to trust his players to play in many positions as well. I'm sure i've seen Dallas play LB, RB, CB and CM this season haha

You have indeed!  He played two positions yesterday!

We do get a fair few injuries and it can be frustrating, especially when you sign two international centre halves (desperately needed) and neither feature much at all in our first season up. All that said, i'd have taken 12th in a flash at the season's start so am absolutely delighted with how it's all going.

You will take us to the cleaners again, you're the worst sort of team for us to play and we're a little off the boil at the moment compared to a month or so ago.

11 hours ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Depends where you are abroad. Here in Australia its still available on Kayo Sports.

Thank you, In the Caribbean, I did come across that website whilst trying to search. Unfortunately doesn't work. Thank you for suggestion though! hope all is well in Australia.