Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Southampton's entire ethos relies on momentum, confidence and fit and healthy players. All 3 of that is being tested right now and it's no surprise they've hit a sticky patch. 

Southampton were one of the teams listed outperforming their xG in that Sky article. Only natural they might drop towards the mean as time goes on. 

• Like 1

Southampton were simply a team in a purple patch and not the real deal. You get them almost every season in the premier league. Where Southampton differ from Everton and West Ham (teams in comparable purple patches) is that Moyes and Ancelotti have proven that they can finish high up in the premier league with their styles in the past. Hassenhutel has not.

Don't often see teams bring the caretaker in before sacking the manager lol 

As you can imagine this has gone down like a sack of shit. Essentially Bournemouth fans saying he's the reason they've been playing 5 at the back defensive football all season.... so he'll fit right in!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to see Leeds pick up a fair few knocks and injuries against Newcastle. Wonder if the high intensity is beginning to affect them? 

Didn't feel confident their keeper playing on after being twatted with a knee in the head.

It's happened consistently there since Bielsa rocked up. The amazon documentary on them is worth a watch if you have the inclination, I recall Ayling (i think) saying that the players understand it's just part and parcel of the way they play. Bielsa seems to trust his players to play in many positions as well. I'm sure i've seen Dallas play LB, RB, CB and CM this season haha

14 hours ago, murphy said:

Yes, I remember just before we played them, Saints fans were saying that they were now at the same level as us.

No Southampton, you've just had a good start and all good things must come to an end.  We haven't been out of the top 5 positions for 18 months. 

Ever since their manager started crying. The cringe has knocked the players out their stride 🤣

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It's happened consistently there since Bielsa rocked up. The amazon documentary on them is worth a watch if you have the inclination, I recall Ayling (i think) saying that the players understand it's just part and parcel of the way they play. Bielsa seems to trust his players to play in many positions as well. I'm sure i've seen Dallas play LB, RB, CB and CM this season haha

You have indeed!  He played two positions yesterday!

We do get a fair few injuries and it can be frustrating, especially when you sign two international centre halves (desperately needed) and neither feature much at all in our first season up. All that said, i'd have taken 12th in a flash at the season's start so am absolutely delighted with how it's all going.

You will take us to the cleaners again, you're the worst sort of team for us to play and we're a little off the boil at the moment compared to a month or so ago.

11 hours ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Depends where you are abroad. Here in Australia its still available on Kayo Sports.

Thank you, In the Caribbean, I did come across that website whilst trying to search. Unfortunately doesn't work. Thank you for suggestion though! hope all is well in Australia. 

12 hours ago, Unique FC said:

I am looking for the full match from our game v Brentford, just wondering if anyone knows where it is possible to view / links online for example? I live abroad can't use the regular BT channels for the game. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. 

*Not sure where this should go please move if needed. 

Thank you,

It's available on ESPN+   https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/7799f8e4-e410-4655-a5a4-d8b218ea9a22

Paid streaming service, but you might be able to get a free trial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

You have indeed!  He played two positions yesterday!

We do get a fair few injuries and it can be frustrating, especially when you sign two international centre halves (desperately needed) and neither feature much at all in our first season up. All that said, i'd have taken 12th in a flash at the season's start so am absolutely delighted with how it's all going.

You will take us to the cleaners again, you're the worst sort of team for us to play and we're a little off the boil at the moment compared to a month or so ago.

How are you finding having Bielsa as manager? Seems to be a divide between the general footballing population, some people abhor the fact he wants to play full on high intensity attacking football for 90 minutes and others like me absolutely adore it.

What he's done with the squad of players at his disposal is pretty damn impressive from my perspective.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

How are you finding having Bielsa as manager? Seems to be a divide between the general footballing population, some people abhor the fact he wants to play full on high intensity attacking football for 90 minutes and others like me absolutely adore it.

What he's done with the squad of players at his disposal is pretty damn impressive from my perspective.

I wrote a fairly long answer and then somehow deleted the whole lot.  In short, he's a gift.  Every match we get with him is a gift and you'd be hard pressed to find a Leeds fan saying anything different.  We're blessed to have him and he's also a giant of a human being off the field, innumerable random acts of kindness and humble responses to difficult questions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I wrote a fairly long answer and then somehow deleted the whole lot.  In short, he's a gift.  Every match we get with him is a gift and you'd be hard pressed to find a Leeds fan saying anything different.  We're blessed to have him and he's also a giant of a human being off the field, innumerable random acts of kindness and humble responses to difficult questions.

Nice to hear, only know one Leeds fan and he absolutely adores him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

It's available on ESPN+   https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/7799f8e4-e410-4655-a5a4-d8b218ea9a22

Paid streaming service, but you might be able to get a free trial.

US based foxes can link the Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ package for 12.99 a month. With it you get all FA cup games streamed live. 

CBS carries all Europa League games live too. 

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Except it’s not been this since time memorial, it’s changed multiple times. They are always adding to the laws or changing interpretations.

There are numerous laws, interpretations and caveats that rule someone offside, even if the defender gets to the ball first and plays it. So this notion that “Defender played ball, player can’t be offside” is wrong.

Well I'm afraid we are going to have to agree to disagree. AT THE TIME OF THIS INCIDENT there was no breaking of the law as it stood. It has been changed since because some folk thought it unfair and that is bunkum!!

Edited by David Hankey
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, KFS said:

US based foxes can link the Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ package for 12.99 a month. With it you get all FA cup games streamed live. 

CBS carries all Europa League games live too. 

I am US-based.  CBS All Access for $5.99/month is not a bad price for access to Europa League matches.

I have not subscribed to ESPN+.  Probably more for personal reasons than any issues with the actual service.

Trying to avoid swamping myself with recurring fees; already pay for Amazon Prime, Comcast Cable+Internet, Amazon Kindle Unlimited, and CBS.

5 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

I am US-based.  CBS All Access for $5.99/month is not a bad price for access to Europa League matches.

I have not subscribed to ESPN+.  Probably more for personal reasons than any issues with the actual service.

Trying to avoid swamping myself with recurring fees; already pay for Amazon Prime, Comcast Cable+Internet, Amazon Kindle Unlimited, and CBS.

Yeah I binned off my cable for subscriptions only and just cast it all to my tv. Couldn’t justify all the channels, especially when I only watch TV for Leicester games really!

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah I binned off my cable for subscriptions only and just cast it all to my tv. Couldn’t justify all the channels, especially when I only watch TV for Leicester games really!

My wife watches more of the cable than I.  But I watch a LOT of sports besides footy.  Dodgy streams are okay occasionally, but not as the standard.

We also would not save a huge amount by cancelling the cable service while retaining internet service.

• Like 1