Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Manini said:

If we all woke up tomorrow and United ceased to exist, would anyone give a ****? The epitome of everything I hate about football. 

Totally. Just hearing all these Cockneys ring into phone ins claiming to support them sickens me every time I hear it. They still won't win the league anyway.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Glad this'll get talked about rather than us. Even I get bored of hearing about it, let alone poor saints. 

Oddly, I even get irritated by talk of 2015/16. We did it. It was great. But I want jam today and tomorrow. Not yesterday 

Where as Man U get jammie every day

Just now, AjcW said:

Thanks to whoever said 9-0 was 25/1 at half time. I was nice enough to pass on the message to my mate who is now £250 better off..... naturally I didn’t place it myself 

I got it at 22/1 and cashed out at 6-0 as I didn't think they'd do it. Cvnts.

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

What I find disturbingly worrying is that one VAR official got that penalty decision wrong (and Scott is utterly shite as it is), but it got referred to the on-field ref and they still didn't see it was wrong? They saw the same footage as us and determined Martial was fouled? 

Do they not see him fall early? Do they not see Bednarek pull out of the challenge? 

Very disappointing.

I think you'd have to be very very naive to think that certain teams don't get favoured. VAR has just helped highlight what we already knew. 'Whatever good for the brand'. 

I actually feel for the Southampton fans. Those results hurt! I bet many can remember what it felt like when we got dicked by Portsmouth all those years ago - but that wasn’t even 9-0.

Imagine it - nine! Not once, but twice in less than 18 months :mellow:

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Who was it earlier who said VAR cuts out cheats...?

Just now, StanSP said:

What I find disturbingly worrying is that one VAR official got that penalty decision wrong (and Scott is utterly shite as it is), but it got referred to the on-field ref and they still didn't see it was wrong? They saw the same footage as us and determined Martial was fouled? 

Do they not see him fall early? Do they not see Bednarek pull out of the challenge? 

Very disappointing.

When you just gently brush against someone in Tesco they do not normally collapse dramatically on the floor

I can't imagine what is happening in Ralph Hasenhüttl's head. Imagine having to go into an interview after a 9-0 defeat and not even being able to trot out the 'this has never happened to me before' line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Thanks to whoever said 9-0 was 25/1 at half time. I was nice enough to pass on the message to my mate who is now £250 better off..... naturally I didn’t place it myself 

The way I like to make myself feel better about stuff like this Is think it wouldn’t have happened if I put money on it. So nothing lost or gained lol 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

The way I like to make myself feel better about stuff like this Is it wouldn’t have happened if I put money on it. So nothing lost or gained lol 

Mate I’ve got a bet on with the same lad that we won’t score from a corner or free kick before my baby arrives in July.... guaranteed we bag tomorrow night now lol (only counting direct from first phase by the way, no idea why sky are saying we’ve scored from corners in two of our last three games) 

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

I can't imagine what is happening in Ralph Hasenhüttl's head. Imagine having to go into an interview after a 9-0 defeat and not even being able to trot out the 'this has never happened to me before' line.

Maybe his players shouldn't be making reckless challenges in the first 10 minutes?

They clearly have issues when down to ten men so early.