Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Man Utd post match

Just now, kristianity77 said:

But that doesn't make sense!  If it was nil nil with fifteen to go United would only defend it more and more, making it harder for us to score!

In these circumstances where only a win will do, they should of come out the gates at 100 miles an hour and absolutely gone for it.  Then, we might have scored early and United would have really panicked, and they could have been picked off at will possibly.  The plan of nil nil with ten to go just wastes 80 minutes of a football game we need to win.  It's a shite attitude to have.

Absolutely, it was a final. Forget the Chelsea game, we needed to try and win. Sky are obsessed with “goals scored in the last 15”, I’m sure we’re top of that stat. That’s not us anymore, we’re content with knocking it about at the back than actually trying.

Desperate stuff .Kasper we need to be rid off too may times he says the right thing and messes up.Hamza no sorry its never going to be a premier league career and the manager what did he think they were going to let us walk through and score.Brendan settled for 5th weeks ago and it was obvious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

mistakes lose games  get rid he is not prem quality and never will be

So we get rid of Kasper because of his mistake? Or Evans for getting sent off? Or Vardy for being crap since restart 

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Man o man, we have failed on a epic scale.  Brendan is well overatted, our squad is well overatted.

Since lockdown we have been shit,.players like Kasper, Cags Nacho, Perez etc have really let us down

I agree with all except Nacho, he's actually been decent and given us something each time he's played. Does more than Vardy at the moment and looks more like scoring. BR made a mistake subbing him

We never looked the same team after Xmas, not making excuses but small squad, didn’t strengthen in jan, corona, injuries. Yet we still finished 5th & I know it doesn’t work anymore but “channel 5, 8 o’clock “ with golden boot winner. Get in boys, let’s find some gems, maybe a winger would come in handy!! We go again :scarf::scarf:

Didn't lose Champions League on this performance with four seriously good players missing. Thought the game plan was good but the dopy half-witted mistakes from Hamza and Kasper were beyond parody. Brendan needs to stamp these ludicrous types of mistakes out because it's his philosophy that lets these players think they can get away with it.  If he doesn't then he ain't the right bloke for us long term.

That hurt. We all feel it. Serious questions need to be asked about out collapse in the second half of the season, but ultimately we were massively overachieving first half of the season, had way too many players playing through the pain barrier, got our young squad's confidence smashed to bits by Man City and Liverpool, and just ran out of steam.

Rodgers got the tactics right today, we just made three stupid a few stupid mistakes.

My heart aches at what could have been, but **** it, my head is not going to let this ruin the fact that we just finished 5th and now have European football.

Get our injured players back fit, get our best players signed up to new contracts and let's ****ing smash Europa next year.

Also **** it, as gutted as he'll be about the result, I'm over the moon for our GOAT, Jamie Vardy. He deserves the Golden Boot.

• Like 1

Seeing the Spurs celebrations at finishing sixth is funny as I feel so low after finishing fifth.

We’re a good side which is easy to forget, as good as Man U who have spent millions upon millions, but mentally so, so week. It’s all just individual errors.

I am looking forward to Europe, even if as fans we can’t go, but otherwise really dreading next season. It’s going to take something big to pull us out of the poor form and getting used to not winning. Probably the biggest test Rodgers will have had as a manager to get them lifted and ready to go from square one in six weeks time.

A 5th place finish a cup SF and QF our 2nd best league finish in around 55 years and we are disappointed. Missing 3 of the back 4 and madders is a major hit for us and doesn't it show. This is a bench mark though and next season we should be looking to improve on this. Was going to watch Forest in the play offs but cannot seem to see them listed   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Imagine if Wes had scored that volley...

We would have drawn........

6 minutes ago, twister said:

team spirit definitely seems a issue

saw some dirty looks between players all day today

kelechi laugthing after morgans miss today was not good either.

Didn’t you laugh?

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Imagine if Chilwell scored his against Atletico, King took down Hogg, Kermorgant laced it.

Don’t do it to yourself man lol 

We would have gone out on away goals .......

It's been a pretty disappointing season for the Premier League as a whole.  Liverpool pissed it & the rest of us have been pretty shit.

We were lucky to go into the last game with a chance of qualifying for CL.  The fact that Man Utd made Champions League shows that.

I can't help thinking that a roaring crowd might just have made the difference today.

No matter, the damage was already done, most noticeably at Watford and that Bournemouth humiliation..

Post lockdown football can get in the bin.  We are 14th in the table since lockdown.  United second behind Man City on gd.  Oh, and Villa stayed up.  Urghhh.

Is this the first time we have finished fifth?  So now we can say we have finished first, second, third, fourth and fifth.  As silver linings go that is not great though.   A better one is the fact that at least we didn't bottle it like this in 2016.

Still could be worse.  Could be Norwich.  Zero points since lockdown.

Edited by murphy

We have bottled it and there's no getting away from that, it may have been our best chance at getting top 4 for the foreseeable future and our chance to slowly slowly become a more exciting proposition to new signings. We have absolutely blown it, but it wasn't today that was the problem it was the entire second half of the season, the rot set in well before the injuries happened. Its just galling and I don't see how we recover from such a bitter blow. If we start the next season the way we've finished this one we are bang in trouble, we need an injection from new signings or I worry for next season. 

Yeah I can't be too mad at how we performed today, United were tiring and if only we could just take one of our chances I think we may have won it, once again profligate finishing has let us down and individual errors has caused us to concede two goals. With a patchwork team there is not much more we could have done today, I'm absolutely gutted we've blown this but I won't sugar coat it, we've bottled it big time, but today has not cost us CL, Burnley away, Norwich home and away, Brighton home, the debacle at Bournemouth, not holding on in injury time at Watford has ultimately cost us big time. We left ourselves with too much to do in the final 2 games when the whole thing should have been in the bag already.

We can reflect on what ultimately was a very good season on paper but the final months of the season will take a while to get over and I am extremely concerned about how we are going to get on next season, we've got to get some better players in and a deeper squad for the Europa League.