Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Iain Darke and Karen Carney gave him far too much praise for showing the yellow card to Pino just because the player gestured for a yellow lol. They never say anything when it happens in the Premier League.

I thought the ref was superb. Took no s**t from Arteta, who, as usual, was an embarrassment on the touchline.

• Like 2

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

BT's commentary for European games is generally awful. The bias grates.

Absolutely spot on. But I am going to enjoy watching a deflated Keown.

That was as bad as anything we saw under Puel. I thought Arteta would do a good job there but he has to go. A lot of people laugh about Shaun Dyce but he'd do a much better job than that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That was as bad as anything we saw under Puel. I thought Arteta would do a good job there but he has to go. A lot of people laugh about Shaun Dyce but he'd do a much better job than that.

The Paella Pulis is possibly the best nickname I've seen Arsenal fans give him

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

They've looked decent defensively but I don't trust this keeper. Bit of a lack of flair as well.

You just know this ends 1-0 Arsenal, Aubameyang in the 85th minute or something.

You were so close with that prediction re Aubameyang. Thankfully, not close enough, though!

Surprise, surprise that Arteta thinks Arsenal should have won and deserved to go through. Classless, as ever. Villarreal were definitely the better team over the 2 legs. Should have been out of sight in the first leg and the Arsenal pen in that leg was a joke.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

Delighted for Villareal, really was starting to worry that Arsenal were going to win the bloody thing and steal a Champions League place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

I hope Emery gave the Arsenal squad a big **** off gesture before he goes home. They apparently mocked him openly whilst he was there and trying to communicate in a foreign language.

Bloke is a far better manager than he's given credit for.

I found it really distasteful how much he was ridiculed for for slightly mispronouncing words when he wasn't speaking his first language. I can tell you one thing for certain and that's that he spoke much better English than I can another language.

Well, I hope Chelsea players and management are saying they were the better team on May 15th as Kasper lifts the trophy. End of the day you can be the better team, but if you don't take your chances it's irrelevant.

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Can't see arteta being there next season, who's available that they could get? Could do worse than Potter, but obviously not flash enough for an Arsenal living in the past. 

They need a safe pair of hands. Rafa Benitez maybe?

27 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

They need a safe pair of hands. Rafa Benitez maybe?

More than just a safe pair of hands. They need a full revamp of their squad. No point chopping and changing managers who partly do this and basically need to start again each time. 

10 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I found it really distasteful how much he was ridiculed for for slightly mispronouncing words when he wasn't speaking his first language. I can tell you one thing for certain and that's that he spoke much better English than I can another language.

I think the common British public (a good chunk) seem to enjoy laughing at other people trying to speak english. However, go anywhere abroad and there are said British who are trying to communicate using their slowest, most precise english in a foreign country. Not many make an effort to at least learn the basics.

The only other country I have experienced some arrogance in has been France (or Paris, which is probably different to the rest of France). Where even when speaking french, they would refuse to speak any english (this was a policeman as well).

A lot of foreign players/managers/general public when they come over here (or any country) try their best to learn the language so they can be accepted. However, no one will speak it perfectly within days/weeks (some will always have an accent). Someone like Pep knows about 5 or 6 languages to a standard where he can communicate well.

• Like 1

Next season is massive for Arsenal. No European football to worry about and I honestly think a failure to make the top four could see them not get there again for quite some while. Overall they are in decline and another failed manager and poor season and they are done for, especially with the growth and improvements being made by some other clubs such as West Ham, Everton and Leeds and that’s not forgetting ourselves. The top 8 is no guarantee now for teams like Spurs and Arsenal.