Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

My 2 cents. 

Not the best, this.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Am I the only one that thinks this shit should remain on the pitch? I played sports and guys said all kinds of crap to get you off your game.

If there's a display from the fans, then let the powers that be handle it.

There's racist people and always will be. Everyone knows that certain parts of Europe are still stuck in the middle ages and what to expect from them and their supporters.

Don't let one idiot get to you. Have a better comeback. "I f**ked your mum" is a classic.

Also helps if you're winning and remind them of that.

My 2 cents. 

tenor.gif.122e4b49fd07504f17335b4585edd62b.gif

200.gif.db127e315a4ec60d3fd359fc2b6a5e2d.gif

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spacemunky said:

So glad that was my most popular post.

Had to re-read it to see where I mentioned that being racist is a good thing.

Of course you didn't say that but it did come across as being more "well it's just part of the game, give some back and move on" which I don't think is a particularly helpful or progressive line of thinking when someone's been racially abused in their place of work. What do you actually mean when you say it should "stay on the pitch"?

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Slavia Prague with a late equaliser.

Bunch of twats they may be, they clearly aren't a bad side.

They were second best all day, and trailing 1-0 after 85'.  But Arsenal missed a lot of good chances, then bottled it with a minute of stoppage time to go, giving Slavia their equalizer -- and away goal -- off a corner.

Arsenal looked bigger, and much faster, but less determined.  Be a good thing to get them out of next year's CL conversation once and for all!

That was absolutely classic Arsenal earlier. Finally get the late goal to nick it, give away a throw in in the last minute due to overplaying, get forced into conceding a corner, concede from the corner through more poor goalkeeping (add Leno to the ever growing list of bang average Arsenal players their fans overhype) and are now facing a very realistic possibility of being knocked out.

We need Arsenal to not win the Europa League, luckily, I think they won't, I think Slavia will finish them off personally, though if they don't, wouldn't it be funny if Emery's Villarreal did.

Slavia haven't got a stack of talent in their side but they're seriously well drilled.

The commentators made out that Arsenal were totally dominant and missed a hatful of chances but my impression watching was that it was much more even than that and Slavia equally missed some decent chances. The stats seem to back that up as Arsenal managed only 2 shots on target to 4 for Slavia, with total shots being 11 to 10 and possession 54%:46%. 

I had to smile when MacManaman on commentary, in a typical piece of delusion that the Big 6 are entitled to beat so called lesser clubs irrespective of how poor their current team is, said: "I know Slavia beat Leicester earlier in the competition but Arsenal should be cutting through a team like this." I didn't follow this logic at all as surely the fact that Slavia had beaten a far superior team to Arsenal previously makes it less likely that they will be rolled over easily by them?

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The commentators made out that Arsenal were totally dominant and missed a hatful of chances but my impression watching was that it was much more even than that and Slavia equally missed some decent chances. The stats seem to back that up as Arsenal managed only 2 shots on target to 4 for Slavia, with total shots being 11 to 10 and possession 54%:46%. 

I had to smile when MacManaman on commentary, in a typical piece of delusion that the Big 6 are entitled to beat so called lesser clubs irrespective of how poor their current team is, said: "I know Slavia beat Leicester earlier in the competition but Arsenal should be cutting through a team like this." I didn't follow this logic at all as surely the fact that Slavia had beaten a far superior team to Arsenal previously makes it less likely that they will be rolled over easily by them?

Arsenal hit the frame of the goal twice though, won't go down as a shot on target. Saka and Lacazette missed the two biggest chances of the night, they really should have won.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That was absolutely classic Arsenal earlier. Finally get the late goal to nick it, give away a throw in in the last minute due to overplaying, get forced into conceding a corner, concede from the corner through more poor goalkeeping (add Leno to the ever growing list of bang average Arsenal players their fans overhype) and are now facing a very realistic possibility of being knocked out.

We need Arsenal to not win the Europa League, luckily, I think they won't, I think Slavia will finish them off personally, though if they don't, wouldn't it be funny if Emery's Villarreal did.

Slavia haven't got a stack of talent in their side but they're seriously well drilled.

I don't really rate Leno but he pulled off a brilliant stop to concede the corner. I think the defence was more culpable than him for the equaliser, Pepe helped it on and Cedric completely lost his man.

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

Arsenal hit the frame of the goal twice though, won't go down as a shot on target. Saka and Lacazette missed the two biggest chances of the night, they really should have won.

That's the thing with stats, they only show so much. Possession means nothing if the ball is being passed around the back for 90% of the time. Also, if a team breaks the line several times and with a better final ball score a goal but a last ditch tackle/block stops it, those are not recorded in stats as shots.

So stats are not always reflective of how a game went, it really has to be watched and analysed a lot more if you were to say team x deserved to win.

However, the bottom line is the final score as noddy as that sounds. That's the only stat that matters after 90 minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Arsenal will have too much for them in the 2nd leg. Of course Arsenal are capable of not turning up but they are getting better. Slavia 0-2 Arsenal.

Let Arsenal get to the final hoping they can get CL and then fail again when they lose 1-0 to Man Utd through a dodgy peanlty late in the game.

6 hours ago, Langston said:

I don't really rate Leno but he pulled off a brilliant stop to concede the corner. I think the defence was more culpable than him for the equaliser, Pepe helped it on and Cedric completely lost his man.

I do think in general he's just massively overrated by Arsenal fans, but they've got a bit of a history of it now, hyping up players who go on to let them down.

The whole goal was classic Arsenal. Totally avoidable and it's made the tie a lot trickier.

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think Arsenal will have too much for them in the 2nd leg. Of course Arsenal are capable of not turning up but they are getting better. Slavia 0-2 Arsenal.

Let Arsenal get to the final hoping they can get CL and then fail again when they lose 1-0 to Man Utd through a dodgy peanlty late in the game.

Them losing to Emery's Villarreal would be much funnier IMO.

• Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/14/slavia-prague-ondrej-kudela-10-match-uefa-ban-for-racist-behaviour-at-rangers-glen-kamara

I am ****ing staggered at this. How can anyone take these useless c**** seriously?

It's like they've banned Kamara to please Slavia Prague. 

"No to Racism" and "No to reporting racism".

Edited by RonnieTodger