Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Adrien Silva

33 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The scout who spotted wilf, soyuncu, benkovic, silva is still the Head scout.

Is that David Mills? Not much info on the website about scouting staff.

Ability to shift the muck is part of what really separates the top clubs from us. When Liverpool and Chelsea want rid of any old shite there's clubs queuing up to give them ridiculous fees for them, but we can't even give ours away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah.

Cool, good that we kept hold of him considering he's a mate of Walsh. Would have thought he'd have gone to Everton.... briefly lol 

Edited by AjcW

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He must've had an absolute mare of a day at the office when he approved Silva

I recall being horrified when Silva minced onto the pitch v Huddersfield on his debut. Talk about little boy lost. Clear to all and sundry he was useless (and that was his best game!)

Do you regard yourself as 'all and sundry'?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, surrifox said:

For some reason Silva’s complete flop of a transfer ( inc the farcical late signing) annoys me more than any other of our expensive blunders 

I have to agree.  And if the whole debacle taught us anything, it should be --

5a218e90995ff_MrsSilva.JPG.71172caf091c72bcdbe932276a60d6c9.JPG

NO MORE RATING POTENTIAL TRANSFERS ON A "WAG" BASIS!  :mad:

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

A midfielder that isn't particularly quick, isn't combative, can't pick a pass or influence a game.

We've had an absolute pen and inker with this one I'm afraid. Pound for pound the worst value signing in our history.

Seemed to do alright for Portugal and Sporting. 

He was set up to fail here and don’t think his game suited us (when he joined) nor the league we play in. 

26 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Seemed to do alright for Portugal and Sporting. 

He was set up to fail here and don’t think his game suited us (when he joined) nor the league we play in. 

What was his game for Portugal and Sporting and why did we not see a shred of it here? Neither Claude nor Brendan fancied him at all - for all his supposed assuredness on the ball, you'd have thought that two possession-focused managers would want a look at him.

He just isn't very good.

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What was his game for Portugal and Sporting and why did we not see a shred of it here? Neither Claude nor Brendan fancied him at all - for all his supposed assuredness on the ball, you'd have thought that two possession-focused managers would want a look at him.

He just isn't very good.

Meh, to be honest mate I don’t care about Adrien Silva enough to have this debate lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He just isn't very good.

Silva completed more passes to the ball boy than he did any of our other players. Don't think think I've seen someone misplace so many simple passes under no pressure at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Ability to shift the muck is part of what really separates the top clubs from us. When Liverpool and Chelsea want rid of any old shite there's clubs queuing up to give them ridiculous fees for them, but we can't even give ours away.

Reputation often is everything.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Silva completed more passes to the ball boy than he did any of our other players. Don't think think I've seen someone misplace so many simple passes under no pressure at all. 

Couldn't agree more mate, really untidy - surprisingly so. I expected him to at least be handy in possession but he wasn't at all.

33 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Couldn't agree more mate, really untidy - surprisingly so. I expected him to at least be handy in possession but he wasn't at all.

One of those who did the simple passes in an okay manner, but didn't contribute defensively or in any other way. Mendy does simple stuff well, but also contributes well defensively. 

We brought their captain expecting him to revolutionise our midfield, yet he never hit the mark.

I think we came to the conclusion that he is very average in lots of things and doesn't excell in any area. He's not very strong, he's not very quick, he's not good at pressing or tackling, he's not good at shooting from range, he's not even good at passing; usually in the Premier League you need at least one showcase attribute in skill or physicality which sets you apart, maybe Adrien is very strong mentally but that wasn't what we needed from him.

He would suit a less physical league where he's given time and space too dictate. It was Drinkwater's role he was supposed to replace as the engine room but with more brain, instead turned out to be a weak Andy King who didn't chip in with goals.

• 3 weeks later...