Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One little tip.

If the account is anonymous, they chuck out lots of names from lots of clubs and constantly brag about being ITK then the rule of thumb is they're full of sh*te.

You don't really see actual journalists bragging they've got this or that right, they just get on with doing their jobs, using genuine sources etc.

Sometimes they get it wrong but generally speaking they don't just make it up for clicks and follows.

So what you’re saying Geoff, is as Lee Chapman is a verified Vardy lookalike with a picture then this is all Kosher and McNeil is in Morrison’s as we speak?

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

So what you’re saying Geoff, is as Lee Chapman is a verified Vardy lookalike with a picture then this is all Kosher and McNeil is in Morrison’s as we speak?

I wasn't actually referring to Lee and I don't believe he bangs on about being the font of all knowledge.

(PS McNeil is actually in Primark at Fosse Park buying some £3 pumps and a Harry Potter onesie)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Just because his role at Burnley is to get the ball in doesn't mean that's all he can do. I think our scouting team do a bit more than just watch some highlights on MOTD and the odd game against a top 6 side.

If they see the right stuff in DM I tend to trust their judgement more 

Indeed. I just don’t get that line of thinking— just because McNeil crosses in a good ball doesn’t mean that’s all he does. He’s a pretty slick dribbler and adds some height to a small side. 

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I wasn't actually referring to Lee and I don't believe he bangs on about being the font of all knowledge.

(PS McNeil is actually in Primark at Fosse Park buying some £3 pumps and a Harry Potter onesie)

John Percy should be all over this. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One little tip.

If the account is anonymous, they chuck out lots of names from lots of clubs and constantly brag about being ITK then the rule of thumb is they're full of sh*te.

You don't really see actual journalists bragging they've got this or that right, they just get on with doing their jobs, using genuine sources etc.

Sometimes they get it wrong but generally speaking they don't just make it up for clicks and follows.

@shaunfromblaby

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

John Percy should be all over this. 

Percy is loitering in the Primark bedding aisle, wearing dark glasses, monitoring McNeil's shopping habits but shush no-one is meant to know.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Just because his role at Burnley is to get the ball in doesn't mean that's all he can do. I think our scouting team do a bit more than just watch some highlights on MOTD and the odd game against a top 6 side.

If they see the right stuff in DM I tend to trust their judgement more 

How about the Burnley fans on here that watch him all the time and literally state that his best quality is to "get the ball in". 

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If we're playing with wing backs, this lad could be mustard on the left. But.....I cannot see Burnley selling him, about the 5th time someone has said he's about to join.

Interesting thought that actually. Could see him really excelling in a left wing back position. I’ve mentioned earlier today that I could see us signing another LWB who is more direct than Castagne when we play with a 5. 

Maybe, just maybe, the club feel like they are killing two birds with one stone by recruiting a winger, who could also excel in the wing back position. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If we're playing with wing backs, this lad could be mustard on the left. But.....I cannot see Burnley selling him, about the 5th time someone has said he's about to join.

Played there for the England under 21s a couple of times I think. 

Versatility seems to be the watch word of the window. Paul Warhurst next in... 

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because that's literally all Burnley ask him to do. Personally I think he could be a very effective RW for us, cutting inside on his left.

Bit of a dangerous game signing someone who hasn't actually shown how you want them to play. We've already signed a right back who can play left back. Can we not just sign a player who plays in the position we want lol

Just now, MPH said:

Not all crosses into the box have to be head height...

We don't even commit bodies into the box though do we? We'll be wanting the perfect ball to Vardy stood on his own in the box surrounded by the opposition players. 

• Like 1

As I noted what seems like years ago in this thread, McNeil reminds me of Jesus Navas.  He's not a repackaged Albrighton - this is a true pacey wider than wide player who can take on (and beat) a defender and ping worm-burner crosses to the feet of his strikers.  He's not my first choice, but he'd be a perfectly positive step in the right direction.

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Someone explain to me why we need a winger whose strength is crossing when we don't have a target man. 

Liverpool and Man City don't have target men yet create most of their chances from crosses.