Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

We only have one decent winger. And he’s a left-sided winger. We’re buying another left winger to replace our only decent left winger?

(Barnes used to be central and was happy to drift but are we shunting him to the right after a season on the left?)

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This guy is the best winger we've been linked with so far I think we should make this a priority signing. If Burnley don't want to lose 2 players then they can keep tarkowski and we'll have McNeil.

Give them Gray as part of the deal!

Wahahahaa pardon?

So he's better than Trincao and Thauvin? I'm not even sure he is better than Brooks or Mbuemo.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We only have one decent winger. And he’s a left-sided winger. We’re buying another left winger to replace our only decent left winger?

(Barnes used to be central and was happy to drift but are we shunting him to the right after a season on the left?)

I don’t think that’s what most of us think this transfer would turn out to be; we currently have zero left-footed wingers. McNeil would be a LWB or a RW cutting in on his left foot. 

Edited by The_77

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We don't even commit bodies into the box though do we? We'll be wanting the perfect ball to Vardy stood on his own in the box surrounded by the opposition players. 

If we are going to start playing 3 at the back more regularly, we’ll see more people in the box..

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Someone explain to me why we need a winger whose strength is crossing when we don't have a target man. 

He will be rendered useless after 10 games here. We dont need this type of player. Burnley will rip us off and we will regret it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wahahahaa pardon?

So he's better than Trincao and Thauvin? I'm not even sure he is better than Brooks or Mbuemo.

Would take McNeil any day over those two. Thauvin's doing well in a league that made Nicolas Pepe look like a £72 million player, and Trincao's pedigree has been in a league with only three teams that anyone knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thauvin would be my choice if available; assuming we can't get Stengs, who would be my other favoured choice.

McNeil would be expensive and a bit of a gamble. Well down my list of preferences, but is a good player. He just doesn't seem to 'fit' but maybe we are having more of a shift about!

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Has anyone watched much of McNeil?  He can pass, shoot, take people on and beat them and has a footballing brain as good as anyone in our team. Just watch some highlights and you can see his quality.  He's already much better than any of our wingers will ever be.

All this at the age of 20.

As if anybody actually watches players before we sign them or bother to do any research on them.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wahahahaa pardon?

Of course he is, he plays in The Best League In The World registered trademark, not like those foreign no-marks 

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

morrisons.jpg

Spotted here ^ 

That reminds me - I need to do some shopping... (No Morrisons down this way, though - just Tesco and Asda.) I'd look for some players, but I doubt we'd want any of those that are around here? (Millwall/The Den is the closest ground to me.  Have no idea if they have anyone any good playing for them these days, and anyway - it's Millwall *Ugh* :P)  

45 minutes ago, CountrysideFox said:

Would take McNeil any day over those two. Thauvin's doing well in a league that made Nicolas Pepe look like a £72 million player, and Trincao's pedigree has been in a league with only three teams that anyone knows.

Scary this is

• Like 1
  • Haha 1