Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

1 minute ago, talking_goldfish said:

And this is fine, but we're actually relying on the person who told @Bert they saw this person who may or may not have been Dwight McNeil. It is quite hilarious how a thread in the Transfer Talk takes off with even the whiff of a link.

Saying that, I've already ordered my maroon shirt with McNeil on the back and told the wife when our baby's born in the next few weeks they're being called Dwight.

She tried to complain but I reminded her in this day and age we can't reject a name just because it doesn't sound 'girly' enough. That's just sexist. She'll cave, and our baby girl, Dwight, will forever remind me of this thread, especially when he doesn't sign for us and then scores a worldie against us for Burnley.

Oh how we'll laugh.

Assuming this isn’t your first child, and the previous one was another girl called Big Daddy then :D

if it is your first, then my warmest congratulations. :beer:

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

"I stand by my opinion. I'm not going to give any reasoning behind it but I stand by it."

" With a mere ninety break-horse-power available, progress is too leisurely to be called fast, but on the wing in fifth gear McNeil's slow pace really becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane, while overtaking modern and attacking full backs can become a long, drawn-out affair.” Not my words, Carol but the words of Four Four Two magazine.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why do you see that as a bad thing?

I find it bizarre that a Leicester City fan would say "He's like Albrighton" in a manner designed to undermine his abilities.

If he's half the play Albrighton has been for us then happy days.

Because our weakness is our lack of creativity. Albrighton was part of a successful team thats main creativity came from one of the best in the business in Riyad Mahrez. We have been weak on the right since he departed and bringing someone in who has a similar skillset to Albrighton doesn't really rectify this. 

I like Albrighton in small doses but I love what he achieved for us in 15/16 and 16/17 but that doesn't help us in 2020/21 does it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And breathe...

😂 it just gets to me going in to a tough season looking like idiots, Vardy gets injured for any length of time and that’s our season done plus it not fair to put everything on him. And then there’s injury’s etc etc we don’t even look like getting anyone apart from a 19yr old which is again one for the future.

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Too many too happy to look for a theory as to why we haven't yet replaced the entire first eleven with players worth £80m a pop.

Not really mate we just need to invest every season to keep progressing as a club. I’d of taken all 3 that Newcastle have got for 33.5m that would of been a great window and the squad would be looking a lot stronger all for 33.5m. 

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Not really mate we just need to invest every season to keep progressing as a club. I’d of taken all 3 that Newcastle have got for 33.5m that would of been a great window and the squad would be looking a lot stronger all for 33.5m. 

Remind me who Newcastle have signed again.

Strange that if they're that good that other teams in the top six didn't snap them up.

Guest Markyblue
9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like the finer things in life, I can't get excited by Dwight McNeil I'm sorry. 

And yet hes rang me looking for your number. I didn't cave in tho.

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

You have literally all been conned.

Craig mitch interviewed Harvey Barnes today.....the resemblance is pretty weak but I could see someone getting confused. That's who will have been at the training ground 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh dear I can see the resemblance. I really enjoyed the idea of another signing though.  It felt good for a while.

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

You have literally all been conned.

Craig mitch interviewed Harvey Barnes today.....the resemblance is pretty weak but I could see someone getting confused. That's who will have been at the training ground 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If someone is getting confused between Dwight McNeil and Harvey Barnes then I hope that for the sake of all road users it was them being chauffeured out of the training ground.

• Haha 3