Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Slimani

17 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Slimani had a stellar season for Monaco, and Monaco didn't want him -- he was such a toxic presence in the dressing room, they even benched him for a while when he was scoring for fun. Another team might take a chance on him, but no one will pay £10 million for him. I don't think anyone would take him on a free, unless it was for a one year deal -- the ideal for any team would be a loan, so they can see if he can deal with his personality issues.

My guess? We will loan him out to see out the contract to some French team, and he will end his career at Sporting, the only place he seems to be happy.

I think Spurs will come in for him

• Haha 1

Just now, ronnup said:

If we get any money for him we've done well. Even thought it's been a mess

Agree - if there is a fee of that size then I’m sure we must be paying him a decent chunk as a loyalty payment to cover his lower wages there ..... would have preferred Monaco where the tax could have eaten some of that difference ....

• Like 1

Good riddance. Terrible signing and by all accounts an awful bloke too. If the 8-10 million fee is accurate we have done well to shift him for that. Starting to build up a nice little transfer kitty here and freed up some big wages too! Let’s go get a few top signings and go into next season with ambition and excitement.

Edited by frany104

Let’s remember Newcastle paid £4m loan fee! And that was just for half a season. I’m sure Fenerbahce and Monaco would of paid the same and then the £8m transfer fee from Rennes. So that’s £20m! Yes it’s still a loss, but could of been a lot worse. If we sell Iheanacho for £15m then that’s around £73m in transfer fees plus a few others to leave. So say £80m in and that’s quite a healthy amount of money. 

Edited by Heymister2015

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Where have you heard this?

🚨 Info: Things are heating up between Islam Slimani 🇩🇿 and the @staderennais . An agreement is close to being reached between all the parties. Transfer estimated at 8M - 10M

157B7C88-8AB6-4495-9CEA-9CB9FB14A078.png

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

If this is true and we manage to get £10mill for him, that's great business.

Kaputska, Slimani and Chilwell money gained and wages saved. 

It’s euros but the difference is only 10%

If he goes there then that’s two of our players leaving for champions league football .....