Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

39 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If the clubs youth aims are to nurture talent for all these years, find someone who has genuine promise just to sell for a paltry 2-3mil you have to question why we even bother. 

Because if you make 3m off five, six, seven players each in every cohort it stops looking paltry and starts paying for better first team players. 

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because if you make 3m off five, six, seven players each in every cohort it stops looking paltry and starts paying for better first team players. 

I know it was just a friendly but he looked like a first teamer out there, if that's his normal level then surely he's ideal for us as i dont think we can buy players better than him who would also be happy to sit on our bench. And we dont need to spend 20 mil to buy him he's already ours.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I know it was just a friendly but he looked like a first teamer out there, if that's his normal level then surely he's ideal for us as i dont think we can buy players better than him who would also be happy to sit on our bench. And we dont need to spend 20 mil to buy him he's already ours.

Every year we go through this with a different player. 

Every year. 

Look, if he's good enough I'd happily sell Praet and have him as backup to YT and Madders in the middle. Great. But if he isn't ready now he might not ever be, all I've said in this thread is we should know when to let go for the good of these kids' careers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Every year we go through this with a different player. 

Every year. 

Look, if he's good enough I'd happily sell Praet and have him as backup to YT and Madders in the middle. Great. But if he isn't ready now he might not ever be, all I've said in this thread is we should know when to let go for the good of these kids' careers. 

who was it last year? 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

But he’s arguably in the top 3 youth prospects we have. If he is only worth 3m then close shop. 

Wed be better off letting him move up the leagues as far as he can go. If he fails at Luton maybe you’re right but imo he will be as good as Barnes 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If the clubs youth aims are to nurture talent for all these years, find someone who has genuine promise just to sell for a paltry 2-3mil you have to question why we even bother. 

The reports on KDH are overwhelmingly good. Blackpool fans think he's the second coming of Paul Scholes. But because he's 22 we should write him off? 

Ridiculous. 

Big clubs have been doing this for years, not every player can be a PL player.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

But he’s arguably in the top 3 youth prospects we have. If he is only worth 3m then close shop. 

I mean, that's a bit drastic given we've currently got three of our own products as regular fixtures in the first team, one is capped for England and about to sell for fifty plus and another was the second highest English assist provider in the Prem last year. 

But not every cohort is going to have first teamer or even players that sell for 10, 12 million. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, that's a bit drastic given we've currently got three of our own products as regular fixtures in the first team, one is capped for England and about to sell for fifty plus and another was the second highest English assist provider in the Prem last year. 

But not every cohort is going to have first teamer or even players that sell for 10, 12 million. 

I agree but of the current batch he’s up there. I just think you’ve got to give him a chance first. He’s had one loan opportunity and he smashed it. See how he gets on in the championship before assuming he’s not good enough. 

Time will tell but I suspect even in a years time you’ll realise you should have given him a chance to see what level he can get to. 

I could be wrong but its situations like this that come back back to bite you. Such as Ramsdale 

• 4 weeks later...

He's 22 and looks pretty average to me. The thought he has to play instead of Ndidi is a concern. Is he really going to make it? I know he has age on his side but I must be missing something in his play that suggests anything other than lower championship level.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 22/08/2020 at 09:35, Finnegan said:

Why? He's about to turn twenty two, we've got three of the best central midfielders in the league and he's never been anywhere near the first team. 

There are times you have to look at young players from their perspective, not just your own. 

The club has a duty of care, its essentially a school, we should be giving these lads an education in football and life that sets them up for their careers. You graduate from all schools eventually and not everyone's going to make it as an lcfc pro. 

Much better to let him go at this point in his career than force him to stay. Everyone tuts at Chelsea for hoarding youngsters, we should know when to say goodbye to these kids. If there's genuine interest from a football league club that's going to play him every week we should let him go - plus cashing in gets us something back to keep funding youth development.

Just curious if you still hold this opinion? 

earlier in the thread you said you’d be happy taking a few million for him. 

By all accounts he seems like he’s flying yet again whilst out on loan. He’s on the same trajectory as Barnes, albeit at a few years older. 

would be very surprised if he wasn’t part of the squad next season. 

This is 100% why we shouldn’t write players off too soon.