Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

When Puel recalled Barnes from WBA I'm fairly sure it was his second season loaned to the Championship,  and third loan in all. More than KDH.

After being recalled he played in the FA Cup ties v Fleetwood, and then hardly featured the rest of the season. It might actualy have suited Barnes development better to have remained at WBA for the rest of that season.

Is it that difficult to google before posting? Even when it's your own team....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I guess morally that's just where we differ. 

I don't mean to me personally, I mean to football clubs in general. Young players are dispensed with regularly, its a business I suppose like any other workplace but perhaps quite a lot more cut throat. 

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

Is it that difficult to google before posting? Even when it's your own team....

Oops!

My mistake was thinking he returned from WBA and played the rest of the season under Puel. I did a quick google and looked on transfermarkt.com. I didn't zoom into the club crest to check it was Barnsley not WBA.  Apart from that I was right about 17-18!

Edited by Plastik Man
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Oops!

My mistake was thinking he returned from WBA and played the rest of the season under Puel. I did a quick google and looked on transfermarkt.com. I didn't zoom into the club crest to check it was Barnsley not WBA.  Apart from that I was right about 17-18!

Transfermarkt is my favourite place when I have a total brain fart and forget club/player stats lol 

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Transfermarkt is my favourite place when I have a total brain fart and forget club/player stats lol 

That's the irony, I did actually check transfermarkt before the original post, it's just I didn't really look at the  badge of the club he was playing for then! Had it in my head he played under Puel for longer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Also posted in the other section:

Does this mean we're close to bringing in another midfield option, hence we don't need him back? :fc:

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They might be looking at a loan in but as it stands I wouldn't expect to see much of note this month.

I’m guessing that means Praet won’t be fully match fit and realistically won’t be fit for the rest of the season as 3 months takes to the back end of April?

7 hours ago, majaco said:

Luton linked with signing Kai Naismith, free agent having left Wigan by mutual consent

Isn't he a winger / full back? Don't see the relevance?

On 14/01/2021 at 18:52, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Also posted in the other section:

Great to see all round, that.

KDH keeps getting regular football at a club that appreciates him and where he's settled and enjoying his time there, and three of the best teams in the division want him in their sides.

Bodes well for us next season, hopefully he can make the step up. Nice to see we have a good relationship with Football League clubs like Luton, Barnsley, etc.

15 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

KDH keeps getting regular football at a club that appreciates him and where he's settled and enjoying his time there, and three of the best teams in the division want him in their sides.

Bodes well for us next season, hopefully he can make the step up. Nice to see we have a good relationship with Football League clubs like Luton, Barnsley, etc.

And Sheffield Wednesday. They like us so much they gave us George Hirst for naff all, really kind of them. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

....after the many discussion regarding returning to Leicester as opposed to staying at Luton, lets hope there is not going to be any adverse reaction to his game due to this decision!!!

I would have thought somewhere in the discussion the question would have been put to him, asking what he wanted to do as opposed to either club making a decision without his take on the situation. 

He may have wanted to come back to compete for a place in the first team, everything has gone so well for (him there) that there was little upside in continuing until the end of the season. If that was his take on the situation, then you would image a drop off in motivation could be the end result and his progression begins to stall. Within the game, for some players it will be the right place at the right time, and as such any opportunity must be seized as it may never present itself again. For others it is what might have been and the opportunities missed outside of their control.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....after the many discussion regarding returning to Leicester as opposed to staying at Luton, lets hope there is not going to be any adverse reaction to his game due to this decision!!!

I would have thought somewhere in the discussion the question would have been put to him, asking what he wanted to do as opposed to either club making a decision without his take on the situation. 

He may have wanted to come back to compete for a place in the first team, everything has gone so well for (him there) that there was little upside in continuing until the end of the season. If that was his take on the situation, then you would image a drop off in motivation could be the end result and his progression begins to stall. Within the game, for some players it will be the right place at the right time, and as such any opportunity must be seized as it may never present itself again. For others it is what might have been and the opportunities missed outside of their control.

I agree. If he was back with us now, he'd be within touching distance of the first XI, and would almost be guaranteed an opportunity to prove his worth for us at this level. I'm sure he'll carry on impressing for Luton, but when he comes back, he's likely to have at least Praet between him and a place in the team.

As much as I think we need a midfielder to cover now praet is out and as much as I love the look of KDH I think we need to keep him out on loan so he can continue to develop. He showed again earlier how good he is scoring once again. Get someone in on loan for the rest of the season then stick KDH in the squad next year.

I completely understand the argument for keeping him out on loan but when the commentator said tonight that Youri would serve a suspension if he picked up a yellow, my heart sank. We do have plenty of cover in CM but nothing creative. Maddison could play deeper but you're not playing to his strength, it also leaves a gap at #10. 

Other than that, we have Wilf, Hamza and Papy and I really don't fancy any combination of those 3 together.