Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

Looking at their last squad they don't really seem to have many young defenders.

The youngest was 21 and Jamal Lewis is 23 and a full back  of course.

The rest 26-33.

I remember Gareth Mcauley played till his mid 30s.

Seems its Evans and Cathcart then a Sunderland player or Blackpool loanee as cover (Ballard who is 21)

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

I'm often reminded that the only thing Southgate has ever won in his playing or managerial career is the league cup and relegation.

It's why I have no enthusiasm for Internationals tbh. We could have an amazing squad but I don't give us much hope because the moment we hit a half decent team with a manager who knows what they're doing we'll lose. Southgate has no tactical nous, I don't believe any player really respects him to run through walls for him and believe in his plan. Given a good set of fixtures post group stage he might make the quarter finals then get knocked out again and the pundits and FA will say that's a good result and we'll be stuck with him until the world cup. For now I just hope he goes nowhere near our players who are coming back from injury or could clearly do with that couple of weeks rest. I've said it all season I'd rather they binned off internationals entirely and push the Euro back again another year. But there's too much money involved so that wont happen (more proof if we didn't already need it of what motivates football's authority bodies). 

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

I'm often reminded that the only thing Southgate has ever won in his playing or managerial career is the league cup and relegation.

You don't have to have won anything to be a good or great manager, there's plenty of examples of winners becoming losers at management and vice versa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

Joachim Low won the German Cup and the Austrian Bundesliga as a manager and nothing as a player.

6 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Evan's must stop playing internationals. He always gets injured either in training or the games. He has known back issues and has just come back into the city lineup. If I were Rogers I'd try every trick to keep him from going. We only have 10 games left and another injury could mean missing half or more of these games. This madness has to stop. Evans should also consider his age and history and decide if he wants a longer club career or international. He can't seem to have both anymore. Glad to hear we won't lose N'didi and Nachos. Youre & Timmy worries me going back to Belgium we need them both fit & healthy for Leicester. Dennis I doubt will get selected as he's only just recovered.

I think Evans will retire after this World Cup qualifying campaign 

20 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Crazy that Praet has been called up when he hasn't even played yet since his return. Mind you, if it means Youri gets a rest in one of the Belgium games I guess there is a silver lining.

If he's fully fit then great, get some match minutes in the legs, saves us easing him back in. If he's not, and he ends up getting injured again not so much.

• Like 2

On 18/03/2021 at 19:55, TK95 said:

Ghana not calling up Big Dan Amartey is an outrage 

I wondered if it was something to do with travel restrictions.

The only english based player I could see in the list was one from Colchester United?! No Schlupp or either of the Ayews in the squad along with Amartey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Any confirmation of what's happening with Amartey (Ghana) and Wilf and Nacho (Nigeria?) are they in the squads? Are they playing? 

Amartey not in the Ghana squad. Some right big hitters missing.

Edited by Incognito