Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

Interesting that Ndidi has turned up for Nigeria but Nacho hasn’t 

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=39345

Of the twenty-four players invited to the Super Eagles for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches, only Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho has not reported for international duty. 

Nicknamed 'Senior Man' these days, Iheanacho was on duty for Leicester City against Manchester United on Sunday evening, so was expected to link up with the national team on Tuesday. 

His teammate at Leicester City, Wilfred Ndidi is now with the team at the Eko Hotels & Suites, while Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze and Napoli striker Victor Osimhen have also arrived. 

• Like 1

Leicester players called up for International Duty

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2076073/city-stars-set-for-international-action

Youri Tielemans, Dennis Praet, Timothy Castagne - Belgium

Danny Ward - Wales

Caglar Soyuncu - Turkey

Kasper Schmeichel - Denmark

Jonny Evans - Northern Ireland

Chituru Odunze - USA

Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi - Nigeria

Papy Mendy - Senegal

Wesley Fofana - France U21

Shane Flynn - Republic of Ireland U21

Jakub Stolarczyk - Poland U21

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It really fcks me off that Praet has been called up when he's been out for 3 months and only played about 20 minutes of football. I can't stand international football, its just a hindrance on club football and just leads to further player fatigue and injuries. At normal times I've no issue with it but all internationals should have been cancelled until football returns to a bit of normality in terms of fitness levels of players. Can see Evans and Tielemans both playing 3 games in a week which is utterly disgusting but hopefully the national team manager will look after the players and make changes for each game to prevent burn out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

It really fcks me off that Praet has been called up when he's been out for 3 months and only played about 20 minutes of football. I can't stand international football, its just a hindrance on club football and just leads to further player fatigue and injuries. At normal times I've no issue with it but all internationals should have been cancelled until football returns to a bit of normality in terms of fitness levels of players. Can see Evans and Tielemans both playing 3 games in a week which is utterly disgusting but hopefully the national team manager will look after the players and make changes for each game to prevent burn out. 

He needs some game time so it actually should benefit us when he comes back. Hopefully he is managed though and all 3 of the Belgians return in good shape. I worry for Evan's more. He got so over used in the last internationals 😔

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Holland side is really average at best isn't it? Shows how much they've probably overachieved over the years given the size of the country. 

Apparently there is no VAR and maybe more surprising no GLT which has upset the Dutch as they supposedly had a goal not given which maybe saw the ball go over the line .

Is this going to be at all World Cup qualifiers?

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Holland side is really average at best isn't it? Shows how much they've probably overachieved over the years given the size of the country. 

They’ve got some real talent on the bench. Wonder why they aren’t starting?