Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Who's the co-commentator in the Wales match on Sky? He had a slight hint of Andy King about his sound.

But then again it doesn't sound like him the more I've heard. 

Seriously, does anyone know who it is? He's just referenced that he was in the squad for Euro 2016.

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Cheers, was convinced it wasn't King but it was all adding up - him mentioning being in the squad 2016 and it being played at Leuven's ground.

King is there but watching from the stands, according to his instagram

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Maddison, Barnes, Justin all injured... Vardy retired... so doesn’t surprise me too much 

Remember Euro 2016, the same year we won the premier league of course, in Leicester starting 11 at the time we had what five or six English in the squad. How many went... just one! Yet the team was filled with Spurs players... no wonder we failed. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Remember Euro 2016, the same year we won the premier league of course, in Leicester starting 11 at the time we had what five or six English in the squad. How many went... just one! Yet the team was filled with Spurs players... no wonder we failed. 

Wilshere and Henderson, who had both been out for about 3 months and struggling for fitness, got picked over Drinkwater. 

Absolute disgrace.

Genuinely couldn't care less about England now.

I used to and I will be pleased for our players if they're picked, as it's obviously a recognition of how they're playing and the World Cup is the pinnacle.

But just send them back without injuries please.

Imagine being a West Ham fan when Dean Ashton ended his career in a training session.

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Wilshere and Henderson, who had both been out for about 3 months and struggling for fitness, got picked over Drinkwater. 

Absolute disgrace.

Genuinely couldn't care less about England now.

I used to and I will be pleased for our players if they're picked, as it's obviously a recognition of how they're playing and the World Cup is the pinnacle.

But just send them back without injuries please.

Imagine being a West Ham fan when Dean Ashton ended his career in a training session.

Exactly plus taking an well past it Wayne Rooney was just a joke, between 2007-2016 being an England fan was just so annoying and frustrating. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Exactly plus taking an well past it Wayne Rooney was just a joke, between 2007-2016 being an England fan was just so annoying and frustrating. 

Still frustrating now mate.

Imagine a progressive manager who was under no restrictions. 

We could actually win a trophy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Still frustrating now mate.

Imagine a progressive manager who was under no restrictions. 

We could actually win a trophy.

Yeah agreed Southgate done better job than some of course, but one could argue he threw away a chance to reach a world cup final by changing the tactics way to late. It's just a shame that there's no decent English coach at present good enough for the job. I think after Southgate we would need to go foreign again... at least someone who can speak good English and knows the leagues well.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah agreed Southgate done better job than some of course, but one could argue he threw away a chance to reach a world cup final by changing the tactics way to late. It's just a shame that there's no decent English coach at present good enough for the job. I think after Southgate we would need to go foreign again... at least someone who can speak good English and knows the leagues well.

For me, Southgate is living off the 2018 World Cup.

Break it down.

We played 7 games.

We won 3. Two of them were against Panama and Tunisia.

We may have got to the semi's, but realistically, it was still shite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

Didn't realise Odunze made the squad for USA, impressive for an 18yo that is a position the Americans have been traditionally strong in. 

What a crop of GK's we have coming up behind Kasper with Iversen looking a truly great prospect and this lad. Hopefully when Kasper hangs his gloves up the successor is already at the club.

I think part of it is strategic.

Odunze is eligible to play for 3 or 4 different nations, and the Americans clearly want the first bite.

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

For me, Southgate is living off the 2018 World Cup.

Break it down.

We played 7 games.

We won 3. Two of them were against Panama and Tunisia.

We may have got to the semi's, but realistically, it was still shite.

The thing that pisses me off about Southgate is post the World Cup for a year or so we were brilliant. He changed to a 4-3-3 with the right blend of defensive players and creative and attacking players and we beat some proper teams. Then he changed it again and decided he needed to go back to 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders and we are absolute filth once again.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's really is shite tbqh 

I was looking at transfers in 18/19 the other week, we spent £24m on Ward and Ghezzal the summer after Raphinia had scored 15 goals for Guimares - he moved to Sporting for about £5m lol 

• Sad 2