Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

People have been moaning like fuch for 2 weeks about this international break but Under and Tilemans have both scored 2 goals in 2 games and will return to join the squad absolutely briming with confidence. 

Back at Belvoir Drive it's given us a chance to give players a rest after playing every Sunday, Thursday for 3 weeks and it seems from the club pics its given us an opportunity to ease some injured players back into the fold (castagne, ndidi, peria and Fofana all in training) 

Long live the internationals up the city! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

So we need to hide Tielemans as well now. We're going to need a bigger hiding space. 

Why do you think we’re building a new “training ground” in the middle of nowhere then? :ph34r:

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 11:38, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might be a bit out there but here’s my suggestion. 

The entire calendar should have been reviewed, if UEFA were insistent on European competitions and international competitions this what I’d have done. 

Have one big international break in first week October lasting say three weeks - each group is its own bubble. Games are all played in the same local area. So for example Manchester could host a group - all games played across those three weeks and all four teams in hotels within the bubble. All other football suspended for three weeks. 

Just seen that European Basketball is doing this method this weekend for its European Championship qualifiers. 

France, Montenegro, Germany and GB all in Pau, France. GB play games v France and Montenegro. All teams are in bubbles with regular testing. 

8 different groups in 8 locations in Europe playing 32 games. 

By comparison, international break was 30 locations!

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just seen that European Basketball is doing this method this weekend for its European Championship qualifiers. 

France, Montenegro, Germany and GB all in Pau, France. GB play games v France and Montenegro. All teams are in bubbles with regular testing. 

8 different groups in 8 locations in Europe playing 32 games. 

By comparison, international break was 30 locations!

And still had less positive results than the EPL during the period.

The next break is in March, so hopefully they’ll be vaccinated by then.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wilf and Nacho off to Benin and Nigeria during the International Break, they will be playing in Nigeria on Tuesday 30th March, before we head to Man City on the Sunday

What formation do they play to need 8 forwards and only 5 midfielders? lol

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

What formation do they play to need 8 forwards and only 5 midfielders? lol

They seem to normally play 433

Strange they have taken 5 wingers, 3 strikers and only 4 centre mids (Ajayi plays centre back for West Brom)

Although who needs other midfielders when you have Wilf :thumbup:

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

They seem to normally play 433

Strange they have taken 5 wingers, 3 strikers and only 4 centre mids (Ajayi plays centre back for West Brom)

Although who needs other midfielders when you have Wilf :thumbup:

well that's bad news isn't it - wilf will not get a rest !!

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

well that's bad news isn't it - wilf will not get a rest !!

His game time over the next month or so is likely to be

14th March - Sheff Utd

21st March - Man Utd

27th March - in Benin

30th March - in Nigeria

3rd April - Man City (will probably be moved for TV)

10th April - West Ham (will probably be moved for TV)

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Wilf and Nacho off to Benin and Nigeria during the International Break, they will be playing in Nigeria on Tuesday 30th March, before we head to Man City on the Saturday

That's good they've only been invited, we can politely turn them down

57 minutes ago, davieG said:

AS it stands now would they have to self isolate in a hotel when they came back?

And Brendan said no one is going on international duty if that is a requirement.

Thanks for the invite but no ta...

England Euro 2020 squad: FourFourTwo writers pick who they'd take this summer | FourFourTwo
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/england-euro-2020-squad-fourfourtwo-writers-pick-who-theyd-take-this-summer

So glad none of these actually pick the squad, but you know Southgate squad won't be far off. I don't get the love in with some of these players. 

43 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

England Euro 2020 squad: FourFourTwo writers pick who they'd take this summer | FourFourTwo
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/england-euro-2020-squad-fourfourtwo-writers-pick-who-theyd-take-this-summer

So glad none of these actually pick the squad, but you know Southgate squad won't be far off. I don't get the love in with some of these players. 

Don’t think there’s too much wrong with any of those squads. The only one for me is RB as an actual defender Wan-Bissaka is so far ahead of both TAA and Walker and should play.

On form Sterling also wouldn’t be in my starting XI, but would always be in the squad.

I can’t think of anyone who hasn’t been selected in  those squads

1 hour ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Only 2 of them didn't pick either Maddison and/or Barnes but it's going to be touch and go getting either or both in the 23 man squad. We have a lot of quality wingers and ACM's. We have very few decent CB's or DCM's.

The balance of those squads is awful though. One back up centre back and a lack of actual central midfielders. 

It's why Dier is in most of the squads. Another reason JJ should have been a shoe in as it freed up another space given his versatility.

In pretty confident they'll be no Leicester players in the final squad, even without injuries. May make the 30 before it gets cut or be down as replacement.

I think the squad is pretty much picked, subject to injuries 

Centre half is a difficult choice because it's a much of muchness. Maguire, Stones and two others out of Dier, Keane, Mings, Coach and others I may have missed.

My guess would be. 

Henderson 

Pope 

Pickford 

James 

Alexander-Arnold 

Maguire 

Stones 

Mings 

Dier 

Shaw 

Chilwell 

Henderson 

Phillips 

Rice  

Sterling 

Rashford 

Sancho 

Mount 

Grealish 

Foden 

Kane 

Calvert-Lewin 

One more place for maybe the extra centre back, maybe a full back in Walker/Trippier, a centre midfielder like Ward-Prose or Saka to cover a few positions. 

Unless I've forgotten someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

In pretty confident they'll be no Leicester players in the final squad, even without injuries. May make the 30 before it gets cut or be down as replacement.

Centre half is a difficult choice because it's a much of muchness. Maguire, Stones and two others out of Dier, Keane, Mings, Coach and others I may have missed.

My guess would be. 

Henderson 

Pope 

Pickford 

James 

Alexander-Arnold 

Maguire 

Stones 

Mings 

Dier 

Shaw 

Chilwell 

Henderson 

Phillips 

Rice  

Sterling 

Rashford 

Sancho 

Mount 

Grealish 

Foden 

Kane 

Calvert-Lewin 

One more place for maybe the extra centre back, maybe a full back in Walker/Trippier, a centre midfielder like Ward-Prose or Saka to cover a few positions. 

Sad thing is I can't see the squad being much different from that. Wan-Bissaka deserves a spot given his defensive abilities compared to the others. We don't have any centre half that can boss and dictate a defense sadly, and that'll be our downfall. 

We have so much attacking threat, but we'll end up with Henderson and Rice starting every game. 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

My guess would be. 

Henderson 

Pope 

Pickford 

James 

Alexander-Arnold 

Maguire 

Stones 

Mings 

Dier 

Shaw 

Chilwell 

Henderson 

Phillips 

Rice  

Sterling 

Rashford 

Sancho 

Mount 

Grealish 

Foden 

Kane 

Calvert-Lewin 

Yeah it will be difficult to see Maddison and/or Barnes in there as that means 2 of Mount, Foden, Sterling, Sancho or Grealish miss out and that's not happening.

I'd love to see our players in the Euros but on the back of this season and their injuries, let them have a rest and be ok for our season.

Southgate will go soon enough hopefully and a different manager will appreciate their ability.

• Like 4