Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

“All or Nothing”: Spurs Doco

49 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The Sunderland one I thought was really good. As a Leicester fan I could totally relate to the Sunderland documentary more than the Man City one. I also thought Sunderland went more in depth to how a club runs on a day to day basis. 

If anyone is interested in these sort of things and like NFL, amazon have done a few NFL clubs as well. The Dallas Cowboys being a standout one.

The Leeds 1 is very good too 

Sounds better than I expected from reading this thread.

For me, the Man City (seeing how the best perform) and Sunderland (tragic traditional semi big club failure on a large scale) docuseries' were so good for different reasons. As this one is somewhere in the middle for a big-ish team with relative success minus the trophies, it just doesnt draw me in.

Not even a Spurs thing, reckon if they did one on Leicester it would be boring as hell for anyone who isnt a Leicester fan.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Quite an interesting watch with some funny moments in it. Have found Daniel Levy very weird, he seems to pop up a weird amount and seems very very involved 

I reckon he just wants some limelight. He’s the one whole have wanted the Doc and he’ll want to be in it. I’ve no idea why (except that maybe he just loves the attention).

Wonder how much they’re pocketing from this? 

This series went from blah to must-see the minute they hired Mourinho.  The degree of access is amazing.  The guy is so self-promoting he actually wants the cameras in his office and the dressing room.

You can see the wheels turning in his head 24/7.  It’s so interesting to see this master manipulator unleashed on a PL club.  And to see what was going on behind the scenes of games you watched. 

I’m sure he’s not the only top manager who is equal parts tactician, psychologist and snake oil salesman.  The problem with snake oil is that the patient does end up dying … so I hope they film next season as well.  Would love to see Jose being handed Doherty, Hojbjerg and Hart as his summer acquisitions.

• Like 1

Love this sort of program, watch the first two this morning.

Fascinating to see Jose at work, think this doc could do him a lot of good, especially with the Spurs fans he still has to win over.

His assistant who is tipped for big things seems very involved also, called out Sissoko influence and done a few half time speeches.

Also, we're not still banging the same old shit about Kane have a speech impediment are we? Christ.... yawn... get a new joke. 

Loving this doc, and loved the Man City one. Really well put together and, in my opinion, compelling viewing.

I've not been much of a Mourinho admirer since his time at Real, but he reeled me in from the first episode. I know it's well edited but if I was one of his players, I'd be running through brick walls for him.

Not a comment on his speech impediment, but I found Harry Kane's speeches less than inspiring. I'm not a public speaker and it would probably scare the crap out of me, so I'm not judging him for it. But I guess Kane's real leadership comes by setting an example on the pitch.

Watched all three.

At times it’s felt like a documentary on José Mourinho and not Tottenham.

Dier getting subbed early was a good bit, actually felt sorry for him.

Son despite his red card incident, is still by far the only likeable Spurs player.

Watching Dele Alli is cringeworthy, he must have the brain age of a 5 year old.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Watched all three.

Son despite his red card incident, is still by far the only likeable Spurs player.

It does seem like the José show but I guess that’s where most of the watchable TV can be made (because of his personality and he’s the manager). I’d rather watch him behind the scenes than constantly speaking to players who’ll only be polite in-front of the camera. I assume when it comes to the transfer window we’ll see more back room stuff regarding signings etc. 

Aurier seems like a genuine bloke as well to be fair. I think if it wasn’t Spurs I’d probably find most of their players as ‘alright’ from what I’ve seen so far. 

Enjoyed it so far and it’s a bit different to the Man City and Sunderland ones too. 

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Watched all three.

Weirdly I actually thought that in eps 2 & 3 Alli came across better than expected.
A bit smug but much more likeable than on the pitch, I suppose having the camera there would makes a great deal of difference though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Also, we're not still banging the same old shit about Kane have a speech impediment are we? Christ.... yawn... get a new joke. 

Yeah sad isn’t it. It’s not like we have the most eloquent of speakers as our own captain anyway. 

4 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Yeah sad isn’t it. It’s not like we have the most eloquent of speakers as our own captain anyway. 

Exactly what I thought lol 

They're bloody footballers, what are we expecting MLK style speeches???