Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Dave Rennie sacked by BR

Let's hope he's as vigorous with the coaching structure.

I'm not suggesting he's sacks anyone just to make sure with have coaches that are fit for a top level PL team be that existing or new.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Having a good physio doesn’t prevent injuries though does it. A good physio rehabilitates. Having a good injury record is down to sports science more than anything. 

Maybe the fact both amartey and James have taken so long to recover along with a couple of long term under 23s injuries (hughes and Eppiah) May be the issue? Mismanagement/treatment of The injury?

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Maybe the fact both amartey and James have taken so long to recover along with a couple of long term under 23s injuries (hughes and Eppiah) May be the issue? Mismanagement/treatment of The injury?

Well the article states Chilwell and Maddison 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Nobody knows what truly goes on inside the club. Might be right decision it might be wrong but I have more than enough faith in our owners and their personal integrity to deal with these matters the best way they see fit. Not saying that they’ll get it right every single time but they’ve shown more often than not that they are respectful and humble as well as justified. He’s been here an awful long time (he even got a mention on Gerry Taggarts under the cosh podcast re his playing days) so maybe it was time for change anyway.

What im getting sick of is all the scaremongering and slander going on at the moment. In all the years of using FT I’ve never seen such rubbish being spouted. So many people saying that there’s unrest at the club with no means of information to back it up. More fool those that believe it and get themselves in a state of worry.is 

Is rogers the one who sacked him even?

Media is wrong now and again😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Shame. I always liked him. Been here for so long.

Hmm yeah. The comparisons to David Brent always make me wonder. I've got this image of Rodgers bringing in loads of his own staff so he can feel like nobody tops him, so to speak, given we've had people here like Rennie who have been at the club for so long.

It’s the ego thing, I hope it doesn’t cost us dear but I fear it might in the long run. I really hope I’m wrong here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not being funny but Rennie was in the same role when Pearson's legacy fitness and sports science team helped Ranieri win us a league title in a year in which we pretty much had no noteworthy injuries. 

Is Rodgers not pretty renowned for the intensity of his training? 

Rennie posted stats a few fews back about us losing players for I think the 3rd or 4th fewest minutes in the league. 

That would be a very easy argument to blow out of the water that they've put there, so I don't believe it for a second. 

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

Having a good physio doesn’t prevent injuries though does it. A good physio rehabilitates. Having a good injury record is down to sports science more than anything. 

Someone should tell the club....

His remit stretched far beyond rehabilitation, his social feeds have shown that for a long time and so does his profile on the club website. 

"He joined Leicester City in 1999 and became Head Physiotherapist a year later. Dave is responsible for the physiotherapy treatment of all of the professional players. His main duties include prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all professional players at the club.He is currently involved in a number of research areas and currently is studying for his PhD investigating the effect that pitches have upon players, injury and performance."

Anyone suggesting stamina of players could be a reason, that's not his job. Rogers brought in his own fitness coach. 

• Like 3

What a load of tripe. Surprised at how many on here are taking a few paragraphs in a tabloid as gospel truth. 

Literally all we know is that Rennie is no longer employed by the club. That's it. We know nothing else. We don't know who made the decision or why it was made. It's just silly season paper talk to try and force some sort of narrative onto this. 

• Like 3

I am not going to bash Rodgers, but we didn't have a deep enough squad (and still don't) to maintain form. Players are going to get injured despite the best efforts of the trainers and physios.

Over the last few years we've been on top of the game in physiotherapy (one of the first, if not the first to have permanent cryotherapy unit installed), sports psychology (did he get replaced yet?) and use of data (scouting and tactics).  I remember when the sports psychologist was let go, and it seemed to coincide with a drop in confidence and performance. I hope we are still using these techniques and trying new approaches as well. These sorts of things should be 'permanent', to allow for development of advanced techniques. I hope we don't go into a period of changing our model as a club.

35 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What a load of tripe. Surprised at how many on here are taking a few paragraphs in a tabloid as gospel truth. 

Literally all we know is that Rennie is no longer employed by the club. That's it. We know nothing else. We don't know who made the decision or why it was made. It's just silly season paper talk to try and force some sort of narrative onto this. 

20 hours ago, Ashley said:

Got in a few of the players heads. Made a few comments(snide) about team selections and it wasn't the only manager(s) he's done it too either. Club didnt exactly want to get rid. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Well the article states Chilwell and Maddison 🤷🏻‍♂️

True but then again the article smacks of made up story....no source and no evidence per se.

had some injuries + finished poorly + cost champions league place + current physio no longer in place == "I can make a couple of paragraphs out of that and connect the dots"

Not saying its right or wrong because we dont know, I just suspect the person who wrote the paragraph doesnt know either

• Like 1

No idea what’s going on obviously and I know Rennie had a very solid reputation, but he did join the club in the last century. Maybe, just maybe the club want better (possibly more progressive and forward looking?) in their new state of the art facility. Things can become stale after a while, and fresh blood is good - that’s the same for any organization, including football clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Can just imagine him jotting this down with his bloody pen and paper

Injuries have cost us

We have to improve

Sack the Physio 

FALSE!

Everyone knows Brendan Rodgers is writing Haikus in his notebook:

Winter ice breaks him
Foundations broken apart 
Sack the physio

• Haha 1