Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Blackburn Rovers pre-season match thread

Slightly disappointed the experienced ones didn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck, Gray Barnes Mendy hamza. Though KDH tried to do that and play with postitivity and forwards. He could be useful this season! 

keeper made couple good saves and did okay bar two dodgy back pass incidents.

quite like the look of knight but not too sure he’s up to our level yet, if we don’t sign a centre half then I’d keep him as he’s ahead of Johnson for me who didn’t look comfortable left side. Daley Campbell has a good engine but is behind Justin and Ricardo, and probably castagne. His best option would be a loan I’d guess.

You can't take any conclusions from that but in my opinion, I'm not convinced KDH is all that but the fact he played 90 mins makes me think Brendan will have him in the squad this season.

If Armartey regains full fitness it'll be like a new signing after 2 years out.

Luke Thomas needs a season on loan before he's ready but we might have to hang onto him for cover.

A lot of our youth teamers need to move on to league 1 and 2 sides.

• Like 1

I think with our very poor end to last season, we were hoping to see something that might think things are getting back on track. 

Only pre season, of course, and it's all about fitness but these 3 games have been pretty poor with 3 goals scored and 2 of those have been freaks. 

Still lacking in creative wide areas, Grays had his time here and Harvey needs to do more. 

Not looking forward to watching our game next week with my Albion mate in the pub😕😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

You can't take any conclusions from that but in my opinion, I'm not convinced KDH is all that but the fact he played 90 mins makes me think Brendan will have him in the squad this season.

If Armartey regains full fitness it'll be like a new signing after 2 years out.

Luke Thomas needs a season on loan before he's ready but we might have to hang onto him for cover.

A lot of our youth teamers need to move on to league 1 and 2 sides.

Amartey is nowhere near the level we need now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawless said:

Surely I can’t be the only one who wasn’t impressed by KDH. 

You're not. He wasn't great. Think people are a bit disillusioned and just trying to desperately scrap around for a new player who can inject something into the team. Dewsbury-Hall clearly isn't that player though.

We need Tielemans and Maddison to really perform to their best a lot more consistently this season as we're going to be so reliant on them with our lack of wide options.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

You're not. He wasn't great. Think people are a bit disillusioned and just trying to desperately scrap around for a new player who can inject something into the team. Dewsbury-Hall clearly isn't that player though. We need Tielemans and Maddison to really perform to their best a lot more consistently this season as we're going to be sl reliant on them with our lack of wide options.

At least he tries to pass forward.

I watched all this - 90 mins I’ll never get back - plus about 45 mins each of the Birmingham & Sheffield Wednesday games. I liked the little I saw of Benkovic, but for one reason or another he doesn’t seem to be in Rodgers’ plans. Knight is decent but I can’t see a PL player there. Johnson is pretty poor, Morgan is injured, Amartey needs three/six months football elsewhere.

Who on earth plays alongside Soyuncu next weekend?

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I watched all this - 90 mins I’ll never get back - plus about 45 mins each of the Birmingham & Sheffield Wednesday games. I liked the little I saw of Benkovic, but for one reason or another he doesn’t seem to be in Rodgers’ plans. Knight is decent but I can’t see a PL player there. Johnson is pretty poor, Morgan is injured, Amartey needs three/six months football elsewhere.

Who on earth plays alongside Soyuncu next weekend?

I have a suspicion he'll go with Ndidi and then Mendy in the DCM role. All feels very much a lottery going in to this season. Doesn't look like Maddison is going to be fit enough yet and Perez will have only played 30 mins as well. Hmmmm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I have a suspicion he'll go with Ndidi and then Mendy in the DCM role. All feels very much a lottery going in to this season. Doesn't look like Maddison is going to be fit enough yet and Perez will have only played 30 mins as well. Hmmmm

Worrying. 
Why plug a CB-shaped hole with a world class DCM?

Lets hope for a signing or two pronto 🙏