Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry mate but what the fook are you on about ...... wilf wasn’t red carded for the same offence at Everton so why would Dan have been on Monday ?  

Again, happy to be proven wrong  and I'm not trying to "fit a narrative", but on the video, it looked like he pushed the ball away while Benteke had a free header. I didn't think it was the same situation as the Ndidi incident. Happy to go and rewatch it.

Edited by Sampson

Just now, Sampson said:

Again, happy to be proven wrong  and I'm not trying to "fit a narrative", but on the video, it looked like he pushed the ball away while Benteke had a free header. I didn't think it was the same situation as the Ndidi incident. Happy to go and rewatch it.

He lifts his hand four some obscure reason likely only known to him ...... was he unbalanced ? Did he panic?  But there was no strong evidence that the contact with his hand diverted the ball away from the goal - contact looked pretty slight to me. I would have been astounded  pif the VAR had recommended a red for that 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He lifts his hand four some obscure reason likely only known to him ...... was he unbalanced ? Did he panic?  But there was no strong evidence that the contact with his hand diverted the ball away from the goal - contact looked pretty slight to me. I would have been astounded  pif the VAR had recommended a red for that 

Fair enough. I think we all know deep down we'd have been screaming for a penalty if it had been the other way though though, he raised his arm in a way he really didn't need to be doing.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Fair enough. I think we all know deep down we'd have been screaming for a penalty if it had been the other way though though, he raised his arm in a way he really didn't need to be doing.

100% pen - I saw it at the time. The commentators (as ever) were clueless as to what the palace players were appealing for. 

On 28/12/2020 at 09:40, Ian Nacho said:

Makes it even more bizarre that he’s never played as a centre half before this season. 

I think he's one of those cases where past coaches fell in love with his athleticism and wondered what if versus what do I have. I imagine we've all seen that clip when Amartey was playing in Sweden or wherever and he runs the length of the pitch to earn a PK. That physical ability is almost wasted at CB, and when he was younger it would've been foolish to not explore, similar to how Wilf went from a CB to a midfielder, hence the the RB and midfield experiments. In that sense I feel like he was almost a victim of his own success; hope he can solidify himself as a CB option here. For whatever reason I've always liked the guy, seems humble and like a good teammate, always loved this goal:

https://streamable.com/xp8zxh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, knitro said:

I think he's one of those cases where past coaches fell in love with his athleticism and wondered what if versus what do I have. I imagine we've all seen that clip when Amartey was playing in Sweden or wherever and he runs the length of the pitch to earn a PK. That physical ability is almost wasted at CB, and when he was younger it would've been foolish to not explore, similar to how Wilf went from a CB to a midfielder, hence the the RB and midfield experiments. In that sense I feel like he was almost a victim of his own success; hope he can solidify himself as a CB option here. For whatever reason I've always liked the guy, seems humble and like a good teammate, always loved this goal:

https://streamable.com/xp8zxh

Is that Amartey’s one and only goal for Leicester?

🤔

Thank god he’s/the club finally found his best position, now a very valuable and decent member of the squad. Not sure why it took so long, seeing as he had some of his best form playing there for Ghana. 

Lets be honest, anyone thinking he was quality, or a ‘beast’ in central midfield (Swansea at home aside :thumbup:) or right back or right wing before were kidding themselves. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Thank god he’s/the club finally found his best position, now a very valuable and decent member of the squad. Not sure why it took so long, seeing as he had some of his best form playing there for Ghana. 

Lets be honest, anyone thinking he was quality, or a ‘beast’ in central midfield (Swansea at home aside :thumbup:) or right back or right wing before were kidding themselves. 

Agree with this, but he did a solid job in Centre Midfield at times. I was surprised Brendon didn't put him on for last 5-10 against Newcastle to help deal with the balls into the box

• 1 month later...

I know we won and all, but Dan is not the answer at RB.  He had some real howlers out there and was awful in possession.  He's strong in the air and always full of running, but he's not a starting right back - no way.  Have to give Thomas or Fuchs the chance till Castagne gets back.  Ricardo was really good on the left, but that's not the issue - he can play either side, clearly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

He is our fourth best centre back.  He'd be first choice at a number of premier league teams.  He is more than good enough as a back up.

He has also notably improved. In the past he was ponderous on the ball. He was always gifted physically, but lost some concentration and panicked when pressed. For me it's notable that when he's pressed he's much, much better. He's no Fofana or Soyuncu (Soyuncu is world class at dealing with pressure), but Rodgers and his coaches have improved Amartey a lot, and both player and coaches deserve respect for that.

• Like 4