Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Predict the starting 11 v WBA

50 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

If Ndidi is playing up front instead of Vardy I'll be concerned about our back line, midfield and attack!

I have edited the post.  I reckon Vardy could have been a brilliant full back but it would have been a waste of his talents.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nick said:

If Castagne gets back from international duty today and links up with the squad does anybody think he’ll play Sunday or do we think BR will just play JJ and Thomas?

Luckily.. i think Full back is one of those positions if you had too you could put someone in who hasn't really played with the team much. If it was any position in the middle of the park it would be a no.

Edited by les-tah

Leicester City outcast returns to training ground
The Algerian striker has spent the past two-and-a-half seasons on loan, turning out for Newcastle and Fenerbahce before a productive spell with Monaco last term

ByJordan Blackwell
12:25, 10 SEP 2020

Islam Slimani is back at Leicester City.

The striker, who has not featured for the club since January 2018, was videoed in the lobby at City’s Belvoir Drive training ground by Demarai Gray on Thursday morning.

Slimani has been surplus to requirements at City for the past two-and-a-half seasons, spending time on loan at Newcastle, Fenerbahce, and Monaco in that period.

Islam Slimani was back at Belvoir Drive on Thursday morning
Islam Slimani was back at Belvoir Drive on Thursday morning (Image: Instagram/@demarai)
The 32-year-old has just one year remaining on the five-year contract he signed when he joined from Sporting in a then-club-record £30m switch in 2016, and he is expected to be sold this summer.

He had been heavily linked with a transfer to Rennes in France, but that interest ended when the Ligue 1 club signed forward Serhou Guirassy from Amiens.

Interest from France is not surprising given Slimani’s excellent output with Monaco last season. The Algerian scored nine goals and provided seven assists in just 18 games to make him one of the most effective players in the league.

As such, there have been calls from the City fanbase for Slimani to get another chance at the club, as Brendan Rodgers has just two senior out-and-out strikers available to him in Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho.

Although used sparingly, Slimani’s record at City is not too bad. He scored 13 goals and provided seven assists in 46 games, including 23 starts.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-outcast-returns-training-4502849

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Leicester City outcast returns to training ground
The Algerian striker has spent the past two-and-a-half seasons on loan, turning out for Newcastle and Fenerbahce before a productive spell with Monaco last term

ByJordan Blackwell
12:25, 10 SEP 2020

Islam Slimani is back at Leicester City.

The striker, who has not featured for the club since January 2018, was videoed in the lobby at City’s Belvoir Drive training ground by Demarai Gray on Thursday morning.

Slimani has been surplus to requirements at City for the past two-and-a-half seasons, spending time on loan at Newcastle, Fenerbahce, and Monaco in that period.

Islam Slimani was back at Belvoir Drive on Thursday morning
Islam Slimani was back at Belvoir Drive on Thursday morning (Image: Instagram/@demarai)
The 32-year-old has just one year remaining on the five-year contract he signed when he joined from Sporting in a then-club-record £30m switch in 2016, and he is expected to be sold this summer.

He had been heavily linked with a transfer to Rennes in France, but that interest ended when the Ligue 1 club signed forward Serhou Guirassy from Amiens.

Interest from France is not surprising given Slimani’s excellent output with Monaco last season. The Algerian scored nine goals and provided seven assists in just 18 games to make him one of the most effective players in the league.

As such, there have been calls from the City fanbase for Slimani to get another chance at the club, as Brendan Rodgers has just two senior out-and-out strikers available to him in Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho.

Although used sparingly, Slimani’s record at City is not too bad. He scored 13 goals and provided seven assists in 46 games, including 23 starts.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-outcast-returns-training-4502849

That record is actually pretty decent. Problem was where he played in the team. Then the fact everyone hates him :D

4 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Never felt this less optimistic about a new season. Right now I can't imagine anything other than a relegation battle or at best mid table. Sorry.

if they manage to get in another 3 decent signings (:fc:), and get any sort of luck in the first few games to get some points in, I think we'll be alright for top 10. If we sign nobody else or 1 more, and start poorly, I think we could have issues, esprcially with the europa league too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Never felt this less optimistic about a new season. Right now I can't imagine anything other than a relegation battle or at best mid table. Sorry.

Give your head a wobble mate where I live every fan of every club thinks they are in trouble no preparation no signings international’s not helped no team togetherness etc 

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Justin

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

- Pray Benkovic is fit, If Castagne is able to play then id put him at RB and put Justin at LB. I think with the lack of quality up front we need an extra number, i can see Vardy being totally isolated if we were to play 4-3-3 and Iheanacho is usually quite good in that position.  

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I've got a feeling that Ndidi might have to play centre back for this one.

Kaspar

Castange Ndidi Soyunchu JJ

Praet Tielemans

Barnes Perez Gray

Vardy

Jesus I hope not. His concentration and ability in the air are not his strongest assets.

• Like 1

Kasper

Justin    Söyüncü   Benkovic    Thomas

Tielemans  Ndidi   Praet

Gray             Vardy       Barnes 

I like this team with what we have available. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Give your head a wobble mate where I live every fan of every club thinks they are in trouble no preparation no signings international’s not helped no team togetherness etc 

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree with him. It's not simply a lack of preparation. We will be competing in four competitions, lacking depth of our squad on the back of an atrocious run since December, dire current form and minimal transfer activity whilst many other teams have been both strengthening or on the ascendency. The capitulation against Bournemouth was a serious concern. This combined with Brendan's stubborn adherence to his one dimensional tactics and continual lack of adaptation or contingencies. 

I have every faith in the long term prospects and fortune of this football club, but we are in imminent danger of a relegation battle this season and losing several of our best players at the end of it. We are entering a transitional period which is seriously going to test the resolve of the owners, players and fans alike. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

4 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Contrast this to last season, when a sky-high feeling of optimism was rampant on FT - and we were just hoping to crack the top 6. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

- Pray Benkovic is fit, If Castagne is able to play then id put him at RB and put Justin at LB. I think with the lack of quality up front we need an extra number, i can see Vardy being totally isolated if we were to play 4-3-3 and Iheanacho is usually quite good in that position.  

Even if Benkovic is fit, there’s been no indication thus far from the preseason that Rodgers would be inclined to start him. 

• Like 1